Project Manager - Telecoms, Media and Technology
6 days left
- Full Time
Altran is recruiting for a Project Manager to join Altran’s TMT (Telecoms, Media and Technology) Team. This position is based in Newbury.
Your accountability will span the full breadth of project management including scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources for projects; and will encompass the entire project lifecycle from proposal to project completion.
- Managing risks, issues (monitoring, resolving and escalating as appropriate) and opportunities across the project.
- Ensuring inter-team dependencies are understood by the Team Managers and managed.
- Provide leadership and management of project team.
- Monitor project activities and progress#.
- Monitoring and challenging the engineering teams to ensure they are meeting budgetary and deadline goals, and steers the Team Managers to achieve those goals.
- Ensuring that clients and project teams share a common understanding of project objectives.
- Defining and managing project scope, including change control and configuration management.
- Conduct client negotiations to agree terms for changes, ensuring deliverability and commercial viability.
- Ensuring that the project budgets are defined and sustainable.
- Preparing and maintaining project plans and schedules.
- Selecting, developing, leading and disbanding teams, including working with the Resource Manager to manage resource allocations to your project to satisfy the project commitments.
- Managing project finances, including budgeting, invoicing, expenditure, overtime and expenses.
- Establishing and maintaining effective, regular communication with and reporting to stakeholders including the client, the Portfolio Manager and the project team.
- Actively manage client relationships and expectations.
- Supporting new business development.
- Managing subcontractors as needed.
- Building and maintaining a strong culture of delivering value to clients.
- Travel to other office based UK locations as necessary.
Qualifications And Technical Skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills able to produce workable solutions to problems.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Ability to work independently and with own initiative on a Client site.
- Proven vendor/supplier management experience.
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Meticulous planning skills with highly developed organisational and time management skills.
Knowledge And Experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills such as leadership, delegation, communication and conflict management.
- In depth understanding of the project management principles and have knowledge of the Waterfall and ‘V’ models; experience of agile methods would also be preferable.
- Ability to demonstrate having delivered projects in complex commercial environments, such as Integrated Project Teams, consortia, or other integrated client/supplier collaborations, and will have an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities that these delivery structures bring.
- You will have an understanding of the challenges of delivering multi-site and multi-national projects.
- Able to present ideas successfully with strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Practiced in managing multiple projects simultaneously from bid/design stages to delivery.
- High quality standards with focus on service delivery and exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing client and/or business needs.
- Forecasting, budgeting and cost management experience.
- Knowledge of risk, opportunity and issue management.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and bodies of knowledge such as PRINCE2, AGILE etc.