Technical Project Manager
Are you a Technical Project Manager with experience of delivering software projects to solve complex problems?
SR2 is exclusively partnered with a bespoke software company that help build mobile, web and internal applications that help businesses become more efficient, in the long term.
- They have about 30 people in the business but are planning to grow their team significantly in 2020 which includes adding to their team of 5 Project Managers.
- The type of projects you'll be working on will differ, their shortest project was just for 1 day and the longest for 2 years. A recent project they worked on was a client within the social care industry: they were briefed with moving all of their critical documentation and paperwork into a mobile app to make their process more time-efficient which means more time to provide care for people who need it. Naturally, they nailed it - on time, within budget.
- Often clients will come to these guys with a complex system that isn't working effectively and they'll work their magic to simplify it. As a result, 80% of their work is repeat custom.
- With a team of developers (over 20 of them) that use a mix of different languages, a team of QA's they are well versed to approaching anything that comes their way!
About the role…
- Most of the PM team are people who have come from a development, product or BA background as their projects are technical.
- You'll usually work and focus on 1 project at a time, being the first point of call between the team and the client. There may be a little travel involved but not often, you'll mainly be based out of their Bristol office.
- You'll need to have experience within an agile environment.
- Experience of business analysis on software development projects.
Other things you should know…
- Their culture is something that is important to the founders - everyone throws their weight behind the business and backs what they do. As such their amazing people sometimes get involved in things that aren't necessarily in their remit, for the good for the business.
- Naturally, it's super collaborative so you need to be comfortable communicating at all levels. They also have a communal feel to the office, they have a social hangout area with sofas, table tennis and board games. Every 2 weeks they have a cake sale within the business, and all the proceeds go to their chosen Bristol charity partner.
- They regularly volunteer for local Bristol charities too, provide lunch 'n' learns/pizza 'n' programming, go to meetups, offer working from home, flexible working hours etc.
If you are a project manager feeling disillusioned and not feeling the projects that you are working on this could be the breath of fresh air you are looking for 😊
If this sounds of interest, just apply!