Project Manager / Corporate Attorney
eBrevia (eBrevia.com) is a fast-growing subsidiary of Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN), providing advanced natural language processing (NLP) technology and tools for law firms, audit and consulting firms, and corporations to automate the reading and summarization of legal documents. eBrevia’s products have a wide range of applications, including due diligence, contract and knowledge management, and lease abstraction.
We are designing the next wave of legal software—artificially intelligent systems that actively assist the lawyer, using machine learning, NLP, and data mining to help them make sense of reams of information, all within a slick, web-based UI running on a scalable cloud backend.
Recently acquired, eBrevia maintains a nimble startup culture while leveraging the resources of an innovative market-leading public company as it continues to rapidly scale.
eBrevia is seeking a corporate attorney to manage projects and client relationships with respect to eBrevia’s law firm, corporate, commercial real estate and audit/consulting firm clients. This is an exciting position with a dual business/legal focus and particularly well suited for attorneys looking to broaden their skill set within an innovative technology company environment. Candidates should be comfortable wearing a variety of hats and adding value in multiple ways throughout the organization. As the company is growing quickly, there is the opportunity to assume more responsibility and a significant leadership role moving forward.
- Manage clients’ projects and accounts, including onboarding, preparing project timelines and other deliverables, providing training and ensuring clients’ success.
- Proactively communicate with clients via email or phone to identify, explain and troubleshoot user issues.
- Demo products to C-level executives, lawyers, knowledge managers, and IT professionals.
- Review and negotiate NDAs, customer license agreements, and general commercial contracts.
- Maintain, update and ensure compliance with various company policies.
- Work directly with company’s team of corporate attorneys and software engineers to develop and enhance the company’s products.
- Candidate must have a JD or LLM and experience reviewing a variety of contracts, including general M&A and commercial contracts.
- Experience with investment management agreements, loan agreements, real estate agreements, employment agreements, ISDA, and/or IP-related agreements a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and make progress.
- Experience managing projects and working in a team environment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Calendar, Google Docs).
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software a plus.
- While not a requirement, fluency with French, German or Spanish in addition to English is a plus.
- The successful candidate should be initiative-taking, organized, technically savvy, resilient, creative, “street” smart and “book” smart, and most importantly, have a desire to grow.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.