Continuous Improvement & Project Manager - Automotive
4 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for taking the lead on continuous improvement initiatives layouts.
You will have the opportunity to Lead all CI Innovation and Lead Operational Excellence for the site.
My client is a market leader in providing innovative solutions to the Automotive and Technology sector based within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector.
The Key Responsibilities for the Continuous Improvement & Project Manager - Automotive Warehousing would include;
- Utilise Lean Standards in everyday assignments and analysis including: Line Balancing, PFEP, Value Stream Mapping, Process FMEA's, Control Plans, engineering studies, and resource requirement sheets (MTM)
- Provide leadership and support to Continuous Improvement initiatives at the plant level including; work studies to analyse work systems, developing standards and/or improvements to existing systems, providing input for the development of functional layouts that minimise space and material transit distance that provides flexibility for expansion, and utilise simulation software to analyse and/or improve work systems.
- Develop and update existing headcount analysis tools (direct and indirect labour) in order to analyse the impact of changes on business, and prepare summary reports for and in support of Operations, IT and Business
- Process Improvement initiatives.
- Prepare engineering studies to ensure that continuously changing operational processes are reflected in operational and strategic calculations.
- Measure standard time to proactively challenge and support the realisation of reductions in standard time, while always striving to eliminate waste.
- Serve as the main point of contact for capacity, process improvement tasks, and standard time inquiries.
- Work closely with Operations, Account Management, Facilities and Project Management teams to develop and implement solutions to meet the requirements of the business.
- Manage the engineering function for assigned projects and activities including; engineering budget, processes, equipment, work standards and facilities.
- Make informed recommendations and decisions related to the purchase or lease of capital equipment
The Continuous Improvement & Project Manager - Automotive Warehousing will have the following;
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Research or related fields
- 5 years of proven experience
- Able to complete process analysis and timing studies and update standard headcount models based on results;
- Understand new process requirements, complete impact analysis and present recommendations / results;
- Understanding of material flows and MHE requirements;
- Ability to interpret large data sets draw conclusions and present findings;
- Experienced in lean Six Sigma methodologies, Green belt or Black belt would be advantageous;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business on process and stock issue
- Experience in solutions design within a logistics/warehousing/manufacturing facility environment
- Experience in supporting warehousing contracts with engineering expertise.
- Experience in packaging and/or innovation
- Highly developed computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Visio or equivalent, and Project
- Management software are required. Knowledge of Excel should include pivot tables and familiarity with common formulas. Must be proficient in Access, with thorough knowledge of relational database creation, queries, forms, reports, macros, and functions.
- Hands on experience with supply chain applications such as WMS, TMS, OMS, and SCM
- Daily Commutable to Birmingham
Previous Role titles could include; Solutions Design Engineer, Logistics Analyst, Solutions Design Manager, Business Analyst, Operations Excellence Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager.
The successful Continuous Improvement & Project Manager - Automotive Warehousing will receive;
Salary - £45,000 - £52,000
25 + 8 Bank holidays