Civil Engineering Project Manager
Lead Project Manager - Civil Engineering Job near Nottingham. Salary competitive depending on experience
Your new company
A major employer in Nottinghamshire with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff based at a number of different locations throughout the county. Their projects include highway maintenance, construction, road safety and civil engineering. They combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and they are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
Your new role
You will lead a team of project managers in the end to end co-ordination and successful delivery of significant and complex highway and civil engineering projects to internal and external clients. Your main duties will include:
- Manage resource requirements and capacity within the team to ensure successful delivery of the teams work programme.
- Lead the end to end project management on a range of complex and significant engineering projects for the company including time, cost and quality control meeting client and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage the provision of specialist project management expertise in delivery of engineering projects as part of the statutory process compliant with legislation and national/local policies and undertake role of expert witness at planning/public inquiry.
- Ensure Health and Safety management systems, processes and requirements are adhered to across the team, ensuring full adherence to health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practice to protect people and the environment.
- Monitor staff performance, coach and act as a mentor developing technical expertise of team members to assist with achieving individual performance targets and future potential.
- Ensure collaboration across the business for significant and complex projects to maintain workflow and identify resource requirements thereby supporting achievement of company business plan objectives for productivity and profit across design and build functions.
- Hold team members to account to comply with internal and external standards of statutory responsibilities, duties, policies and procedures to ensure standards are met to maintain a consistent and high-quality service.
- Act as an ambassador for individual schemes and the Company across professional, business and community events and networks at local and regional level to maintain a positive company reputation, build relationships with third parties and promote internal expertise for business development.
What you'll need to succeed
You will hold a degree in Project Management, Civil Engineering, or a related subject and post qualification relevant experience in a highway and/or civil engineering project management environment. You can demonstrate previous experience and ability to lead a team in a busy project management environment, to make decisions and solve problems to meet team objectives and operational targets and be able to prioritise available team resources to meet the needs of the business. Your excellent interpersonal skills will be used to gain agreement and acceptance of others including colleagues, senior managers and clients. You have strong ICT skills including Microsoft Office applications, project management software and knowledge of data management environments. You also have a thorough working knowledge and demonstrable experience of land acquisition and other statutory procedures, contract preparation and management, planning and funding bids, as well as a thorough working knowledge of procurement practices used in design and construction, including forms of tender, conditions of contract and forms of partnership. You can show a high level of personal drive, motivation and commitment to project delivery and excellent customer care and the ability to set an example to other staff.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and access to a wide range of benefits. These include an excellent pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave and much more. If you value work-life balance, this company is a great place to work. Employees enjoy generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to office-based staff. With the majority of work being based in the East Midlands, front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.