Procurement Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work for our client who is a global brand to be a part of a team who will lead a step change in the way strategic initiatives and brand plans are built and delivered.
The role will include supporting the development of the brand long term plan, ensuring it complements the strategy. Primarily this role will be responsible for leading and executing new product initiatives.
- Assist the delivery of the brand strategy across the divisions of the business, working closely with the strategic program manager, sales and development team, with focus on the following initiatives: Support tender and new business opportunities
- Protecting key contracts with minimum impact to margin
- Identifying existing opportunities to simplify the operation and improve margin efficiencies
- Constant focus on product specification reviews
- Ensure the business achieves its financial targets
- Project lead on initiatives, setting clear targets and time-scales and presenting regular updates to the business.
- Project management on change programmes involving critical path generation, data input, progress tracking meetings, escalation and reviews.
- Responsible for delivery of brand projects through the full stage gate process, ensuring all stage gate inputs and milestones are populated by each accountable department.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Category, Development, Operations, Finance, Technical, Supply and Brand Marketing to ensure relevancy at all times. This will involve working with people across different operational sites.
- Capture learnings of brand projects and new launches to ensure the process is optimised and new launches are effective and efficient
- Regular visits; surveys and audits to highlight new opportunities
- Be a key point of contact for Sales, Senior Managers, Operations and key Stakeholders on brand information and support.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills
- Confidence to manage time across multiple projects and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Solution focused
- High level of motivation and a focused approach to achieve results
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of managing workload across multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Successful track record, including experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience of managing new launches preferable.
- Experienced in developing powerful relationships at multiple levels of an organisation.
- Proven ability to manage tension points internally and externally.
- Be numerate and PC literate - Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook.
Please apply online or get in touch with Laura or Lesley at Atkinson Moss.