Higher Apprenticeship – Information Management – Consulting - Level 4
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. This is a brilliant opportunity to build a creative career designing and delivering exciting work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
Our apprenticeships allow you to study for a qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals.
About the role
Right now, we're looking for an Information Management Apprentice to join our team in London. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You'll work within the specialist Information Management team that is part of the Programme & Project Management (PPM) practice in London, to support programme and project management commissions won by PPM and engineering services commissions won by other parts of Arup.
The Information Management team is a centre of excellence within Arup for Information Management services for a diverse range of programmes and projects. Particular focus of the person sought for this role is to support senior Information Managers and Project Managers with collaborative production, management, sharing and exchange of all information during the delivery phases of projects.
As an Apprentice, Arup will develop your competencies in the following areas:
- Receiving, validating, managing and storing information, both digital and hard copy throughout all stages of a project or asset
- Delivering effective control of all digital and hard copy information recorded in the scope of a project
- Distributing information accurately and securely to required internal and external recipients within a project team
- Ensuring the security, including cyber security of all information disseminated and stored
- Producing timely reports on the project information which is being managed, including appropriate metrics and forecasts in required formats
- Establishing and implementing systems for the management, sharing and storage of project information according to required protocols throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Ensuring all relevant parties are compliant with information management protocols and procedures and address any non-compliance
- Collaborating with IT to ensure the simplification of systems and work methods that are fit for purpose and efficient
- Line managing and leading staff assigned according to required policies and procedures
- Providing training on all aspects of information management to all stakeholders across the project
- Managing delegated budgets within agreed project tolerances
- Preparing and providing future resource planning for the information management requirements of a project
- Delivering continuous quality improvement for the safe and secure management of project information
- Closing projects and handing over information to the client in a manner that supports the future management of the asset, in line with project timescales and quality requirements
- Preparing and providing reports, analysis and forecasting as required
- Awareness of Industry Standards such as BS EN ISO19650, CIC “Role of the Information Manager”, other relevant Records and Asset Management standards and their implications for projects.
- Assessing supply chains for BIM competencies
- Awareness of Risk Management theory and practice.
These skills will be developed through practical on-the-job training, working with experienced Information and Project Managers across the business and classroom-based training.
You will be assigned a mentor within your team who you will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for committed individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in Information Management and deliver excellent services for our clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and Science
- Grade B/5 or above in Maths and English at GCSE
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to achieve professional qualification
- Good numerical skills when working with numbers, spreadsheets and graphical information
- Ability to work well with other people
- Excellent communication skills within a team and external clients
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Interest in using computers for planning & design work, analysis, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2021 in order to be considered for this role.
All correspondence relating to the selection process will be issued via email. Please ensure you check your emails regularly to receive up-to-date information on your application.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a great place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you'll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. As a firm with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.