Senior Project Manager Consultancy - Datacentres
3 days left
- Full Time
Our clients' dedicated Datacentre Project Management Team are responsible for seeing projects through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Senior or Associate Project Manager with consultancy data centre experience to join a client focused team within the London office to help develop and drive their Data Centre capability, working on high profile projects throughout London and the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team. The Data Centre team works on a wide range of project including new build, fitout, refurbishment and capacity upgrades. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all services relating to project management on data centre project. There may also be opportunities to work oversees within this role.
- To lead and oversee the successful delivery of Data Centre projects (in conjunction with the support Project Management partners) with a view to securing repeat business.
- To support and develop Data Centre team working on new high profile Data Centre projects.
- To support and develop targeted marketing material and capability statements relating to commercial occupier fit out projects
- To support the Project Management Partners in developing a pipeline of Data Centre opportunities.
- To actively participate and support in the development of fee proposals and responses to RFPs
- To participate in Business Development activities where required.
- To attend Client interviews as required securing new Clients.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Construction related degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Willing to obtain chartership to a relevant professional body within the 1st year of employment if not already obtained.
- 6+ years’ experience in delivering mission critical projects as either a consultant or client-side Project Manager
- 3+ years’ experience in delivering data centre projects as the lead Project Manager either as a consultant or client side
- Experience managing data centre projects from conception through to completion (RIBA stage 3-6)
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Can quickly acclimatise to a new project and take ownership to drive the project forward
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
- Proven track record on leading Data Centre construction projects as a consultant Project Manager to time, cost and quality.
- MRICS/CIOB or membership of other relevant professional body
- Line manager experience
- Experience using Asta PowerProject
- Experience writing procurement strategies