Senior Project Manager
- Full Time
Established in 1992, Moneybarn is the UK’s leading lender of vehicle finance for the non-prime market. As part of the Provident Financial Group we have a firm focus on lending responsibly and providing finance to thousands of people each month to better their lives on the road.
We understand that a reliable car, van or motorbike is more than just a vehicle and we have a passion for getting our customers where they want to be. It’s this approach that has won us multiple awards, which most recently includes, ‘Non-Prime Lender of the Year’ at the Motor Finance Europe Awards 2020, Feefo’s Platinum Trusted Service Award 2020, and ‘Best Brand’ at the Lending Awards 2020.
We’re also incredibly proud to have won the Company Culture Lotus Award for three consecutive years. Our Executive Team are constantly improving the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. So why not apply to join Team Moneybarn today?
We are hiring for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Business Change team.
Working across IT and Business Change, you will be responsible for the timely and on budget delivery of multiple client facing projects.
- Salary - Up to £50,000 plus benefits
What you’ll do in this role:
- Ensure delivery to agreed business objectives, requirements, schedules, costs and quality objectives
- Ensure business requirements are accurately captured and solution is appropriately developed to support generation of the business case
- Establish, control and monitor project timescales and budgets, obtaining appropriate approvals and authorisations
- Provide direction and support to ensure a smooth project initiation enabling project approval and prioritisation
- Define project success factors, benefits metrics and realisation approaches to measure and drive real benefit for the business
- Work within an agile, waterfall or hybrid methodology as required by the individual project
- Ensuring that all project risks are understood and counter measures identified, minimising risk to the organisation, and maximising quality and timeliness of all deliverables
- Collaborate across the business to stimulate, nurture, grow and challenge ideas
- Influence and be a catalyst for change across teams with differing appetite for change
- Coach delivery teams to ensure technical decisions deliver the desired benefits
- Manage and reporting project progress, escalating risks and issues at the appropriate time
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with appropriate colleagues in own and other business units; influencing ‘buy-in’ and to ensure new opportunities identified are exploited to the business benefit
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
We’re looking for:
- Previous experience as a Programme or Project manager, successfully managing client facing projects through the full project life cycle
- Solid stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to challenge supportively and effectively where appropriate
- Experience of delivering both IT focused and Business Change/Transformation projects and programmes
- Previous experience in producing and delivering quality presentations to both internal and external customers
- Strong understanding of project governance and controls including scope & deliverable management
- Experience of working with SME’s to produce robust estimates in line with client requirements
- Developing and maintaining project schedules in Microsoft Project
- Managed ideas through to benefits realisation
- Experience gained within financial services or other heavily regulated environments
- Educated to degree or equivalent work experience
- Professional accreditation/certifications in Project or Programme Management (Prince 2 or equivalent)
You’ll get all the usual benefits
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday + increased holiday entitlement subject to long service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay scheme
Plus, a few bonus ones
- On-site gym with fitness coaching
- Access to Perks for Work scheme
- Yoga and Core strength classes
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Wellbeing presentations
- Barney Bikes
- Barney Breakfast
- Stock purchase schemes
- And many more…
- We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
- We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles
- As an employer that believes in the importance of cultural diversity in the workplace, we’ve signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES).