IT Project Manager (SAP)
4 days left
- Full Time
Project Manager required to support a group of businesses based in central Birmingham and Solihull, currently undergoing a group-wide SAP implementation. This role will work alongside other PMs, Business Analysts and Systems Architects, to support the implementation of SAP to replace legacy finance, warehousing and inventory management ERPs.
Reporting into the Systems & Programme Manager, you will be responsible for a number of areas, including:
1. Project Management
- Management of one or more capital projects (up to £5m in value)
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and on-going review of a detailed project plan for each long term strategic project to ensure successful completion of each stage of the project
- Responsible for ensuring all projects are managed, supported and delivered within a defined framework (e.g. PRINCE2, Agile) framework, standards and principles ensuring qualitative delivery to time, within local budgets
- Identify and measure project benefits; act as a champion for assigned new solutions, promote project objectives and benefits and communicate progress, timetable and project issues effectively
- Investigate and resolve any issues that occur during the project lifecycle
- Work with senior management stakeholders to specify the projects costs, products and quality standards and identify the constraints of time and cost within which the project must work
2. Project Reporting and Finance Management
- Provide monthly reports on activities to the Programme Management Office, including Highlight Report on project(s) progress to plan
- Monitor and co-ordinate the various elements individual project budgets, reporting on variance against plan
- Where budget variance occurs develop and propose plans for achieving financial balance
- Be responsible for delivering and developing complex performance information and reports to support the Programme or other governance bodies with information to support decision making
- Communication with senior management within the group around the project
- Persuade others of the importance of the project and discuss where systems should sit in terms of overall responsibility for them
You will also have some team management responsibilities and be in charge of maintaining governance/controls throughout the project.
The ideal candidate will be any experienced Project Manager who has a working knowledge of SAP systems (it does not matter which SAP project, as long as you have managed implementation projects of any SAP system). You should have knowledge of project methodologies such as Waterfall and ideally hold Agile/PRINCE2 Practitioner qualifications.