4 days left
- Full Time
We are now looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the Build business for a project in the Defence Sector in the South West.
The Project Manager is the most senior member of the site operations team and is the key person responsible for the successful delivery of the project. The role holder shall support with the tender process for prospective contracts, working in collaboration with the wider VolkerFitzpatrick Build team. The position will assume financial and operational responsibility.
The appointed candidate will be technically capable, commercially and politically astute and able to inspire and influence those around them.
- Leadership and ownership of the contract.
- Partnership thinking and working.
- Orientation towards performance and positive outcomes whilst understanding cost and cost improvement programmes.
- Long term thinking and planning.
- Be politically astute and familiar with driving performance across complex and varied stakeholder groups.
- Be technically strong and commercially aware
Skills & experience
- General management experience, gained within a contracting environment, with significant operational responsibility is essential.
- Candidates will have extensive knowledge over a range of disciplines including operations, finance and HR.
- Demonstrate leading successful and innovative service quality programmes underpinned with knowledge of performance reporting and measurement methodologies.
- You will possess highly developed influencing skills, able to build strategies of win:win alliances between internal and external stakeholders.
- A construction background from a Tier 1 Main Contractor, and able to demonstrate having invested time in your personal development.
- Ideally have DIO/ MOD experience or background
- No more than 3 to 4 moves on CV
- Has delivered projects as No 1 on facilities £10m +
- Team player, believes in moulding staff/ team around them/ excellent leader
- Must have excellent programming skills (Asta)
- Must be able to deliver on the commercial aspect of the PM role and demonstrate this, understanding of cashflow, project costs and able be responsible for ensuring this is controlled on site. Work along side the QS for the project and form a partnership to deliver this project.
- High standards to HSEQ and can implement and maintain own systems and strategies to achieve the highest standards on site
- Familiar with worker behavioural programmes
- Good Understanding of NEC form of contract & JCT D&B
- Client and stakeholder focused