2 x Project Co-ordinators
As England’s independent regulator of qualifications, examinations and assessments, Ofqual’s job is to maintain standards, to make sure that qualifications accurately reflect the knowledge and skills people have attained through a range of different learning methods. We work with other Civil Service departments across the spectrum of education to deliver on our priorities and to ensure the best possible outcomes for learners in England.
Our Business & Projects Team supports the Vocational and Technical Qualifications (VTQ) Directorate to deliver a wide and challenging portfolio of projects and initiatives by ensuring project disciplines are adhered to.
We’re looking for 2 x Project Co-ordinators who enjoy working on and supporting projects, bringing structure and organisation through a range of tools and disciplines, in often complex and dynamic situations.
The work is varied and challenging, and the right candidate needs to be confident working both as part of a team and independently.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced project coordinator, who is looking to assume more responsibility for project management, to use your skills and experience to contribute to the safe delivery of a number of high-profile projects within a fast-paced educational environment.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll work alongside project managers to collaborate and pro-actively coordinate activities across projects to ensure progress is on track and decisions are made at appropriate forums in a timely way
- You’ll be responsible for the smooth running of key governance forums, ensuring documentation is provided as required both before and after the meetings
- You’ll engage effectively with personnel and stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure project teams are well informed and remain focussed
- You will ideally be responsible for planning and running small projects, taking ownership for developing, managing and maintaining plans, ensuring these are tracked and progress is reported.
- You’ll use your analytical skills to produce reports and provide information, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
Who we’re looking for?
- You’ll have experience of co-ordinating and planning activities in fast moving, complex and uncertain environments
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to understand and communicate complex information and facts clearly and concisely
- You’ll be able to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, of all levels
- You’ll be able to challenge and influence to support desired outcomes
- You’ll enjoy bringing structure and order to complex and uncertain business initiatives.
Ofqual is a rewarding, dynamic place to work. The team strongly encourages flexible working and personal learning & development.
Diversity and Inclusion is important to us.
We actively encourage applications both from those within the Civil Service, and outside. We particularly encourage applications from those of a BAME background and those with disabilities, who are currently under-represented within Ofqual at this level.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.