Capital Projects Officer/Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Capital Projects Officer/Manager on an interim basis for 3 months.
Manage and deliver a high-quality cost-effective Project Management services, ensuring a high level of outcomes by the application of technical and managerial expertise.
- Proactively lead and co-ordinate projects in accordance with the overall aims, ethos and values of the organisation and relate to the policies and actions outlined in the business plan;
- Ensuring the efficient and economical use of the annual Capital expenditure and in line with the organisation’s financial guidance’s and frameworks, utilising all present compliancy issues with respect to legislative, statutory and NHS guidance frameworks;
- Delivery minor and major capital programme delivering projects which include site rationalisation, environmental improvement, ward upgrade, statutory compliance and backlog maintenance reduction initiatives;
- Provide planning and asset utilisation guidance and support to care groups and assist/lead in the preparation of business cases;
- Work as an integrated member of the Estates and Facilities Team, liaising with colleagues and clients, monitoring and reporting on progress, including exception reporting on project success and lessons learnt;
- Organise and supervise building condition surveys, pre/post construction surveys, site surveys for electrical, communication and mechanical infrastructure;
- Ensure all capital activity is correctly assessed from a risk management and contingency planning standpoint.
A successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience in working in an Estates and Capital Planning/Project Management role in a Healthcare environment;
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience in managing Capital Projects;
- Educated to Degree level (Electrical, Mechanical or Building related);
- Experienced in managing construction and engineering Projects – General Building Construction, Site management, Project Management procedures and processes;
- Understanding of construction procurement processes, frameworks etc;
- Knowledge of using standard form construction contracts (JCT, NEC etc.);
- Ability to translate the capital process and requirements through from inception to hand over of schemes to client/care groups;
- Analyse complex issues and rationalise them into programmes and timetables appropriate for achieving the organisation’s aims.
If you are interested in the post and have the above expertise, please do send a copy of your CV in the first instance along with your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org