Capital Projects Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Capital Projects Manager on an interim basis to work in London.
Provide a senior professional managerial service on all Building related Minor New Works Capital Works and Property issues with direct responsibility for a large professional and technical workforce.
- Contribute a senior managerial input into the capital and site development and long-term Estate’s strategies;
- Provide, coordinate, develop and manage highly specific and highly complex Building and Property specialised input into multi-agency estate strategies site development and modernisation projects;
- Manage and coordinate costs recovery for non-patient income;
- Develop the existing in-house project team; to make it more professional, capable and quality driven, thereby reducing the reliance on external consultants;
- Responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to always comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety Regulations and the organisation’s Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Management of procurement processes and progression through to completion.
A successful candidate will have:
- Must have P21 and P22 experience;
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services related qualification;
- A Master’s degree or extensive in-depth experience in a similar role at a senior management level;
- Must have experience within Capital Projects within the NHS and management of large and small scale projects using multidisciplinary teams;
- High levels of awareness relating to profiling, scheduling and delivery of complex capital
- Understanding of design, construction, maintenance and commissioning of engineering and building services and equipment;
- Knowledge of waste management, legionella, energy, environmental, decontamination issues and
- life-critical engineering services.