Jnr Project Manager
Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is an award-winning creative engagement Agency blending strategy, creativity and technology to help brands define and deliver their vision.
They have been successfully building clients for over twenty years and ranked one of the highest digital agencies.
Sitting within their Delivery team, you will be part of a talented team delivering great work. Junior Project Managers will help to lead the delivery of smaller client projects within the agency or act as support across larger projects and accounts. You’ll be working alongside both their Delivery and Client Services team to ensure projects are delivered to scope, quality, time and budget.
Junior Project Managers will work on projects through strategy, creative, design and technical development. This will include projects such as website development, brand strategy, identity, applications, org engagement.
All Junior Project Manager are expected to have day-to-day contact with their client, inclusive of phone, e-mail, zoom and in-person meetings (when safe and permitted).
All Junior Project Managers are responsible for estimating project costs, writing statements of work, defining risks and assumptions, booking resources, setting up and tracking projects and budgets, as well as mapping out the project milestones and resource requirements for the successful completion of the project.
The JPM is responsible for ensuring all work is kept to time and budget throughout the duration of the project, they are responsible for reporting and escalating risks and issues to the relevant stakeholders involved in the project.
Junior Project Managers will report to either a Project Director or Head of Delivery
The responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the scoping and planning of smaller projects and support on larger projects
- Resource projects with the support and direction from heads of department and ops manager
- Lead the day to day management of project teams on smaller projects
- Help define responsibilities and allocation of tasks within the project team
- Identify, manage and monitor project risks, issues and assumptions
- Support with client communication through the course of the project delivery
- Weekly status reporting to clients, teams and internal line managers
- Create statements of work and project documentation
- Track the project actual time and expenses incurred; lead project to time and budget as per the agreed statement of work
- Arrange and participate in meetings, diary management
- Attend line management and departmental meetings
Their Junior Project Manager will have some client facing responsibilities during the course of the project (depending on their experience)
Their preferred candidate is flexible and is willing to learn, they should be delivery focused with a desire to deliver best practice, and will be someone who possesses the below skills and experience:
- Willingness to learn and grow as part of the team
- Has previous exposure to digital technologies or brand and comms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships both with internal and external parties
- Will possess some project management experience whether formal or informal
Nice to haves
- Experience with tracking and reporting
- Previous Digital or technical experience and understanding or experience in a design environment
- Exposure to agile / iterative methodologies
- Experience in managing third party suppliers
- Experience with brand and design work
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.