Information Technology Project Manager
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities, as well as excellent benefits such as 28 days’ holiday matched with an outstanding pension scheme!
Deliver technology projects to enable CIPD’s Digital transformation. Working closely with the programme teams, and third-party partners to effectively deliver against the agreed scope, quality and timescales. CIPD is undergoing significant transformation in its Digital and Technology capability to underpin its growth strategy and drive to improve customer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks, and deliver to these agreed plans.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle with the ability to bridge the gap between technology and business stakeholders.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations, or phases.
- Review/approve work plan of external service provider or consultancy contracted to execute or support the project.
- Responsibility for the scoping, planning and delivery of all technical integrations, working alongside technology partners.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Deliver the required project reporting and documentation as directed by the PMO.
- Fosters creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables between the project, business stakeholders and technology partners
- Documentation of user stories for integrations across programme streams
- Owning the successful end to end testing of new integrated systems
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Experience of implementing cloud-based SaaS solutions in an organization
- Ability to work unsupervised with fully Autonomy
- High degree of experience implementing new integrations and testing these integrations fully end to end
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major, defined program management approaches (for example, PMI, Prince II or agile)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Extensive experience of working with technology partners to deliver the best solution for the organisation
- IdAM solutions
- Ecommerce solutions
- Salesforce integrations
- Web technologies
- Customer data
Please note, this advert is due to close on 14 April 2021
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible
Contact the job poster
Talent Acquisition Specialist - Digital and Tech at CIPD
Job Details Seniority Level
- Human Resources
- Project Management