ICT Project Manager
Thames Reach are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivery of our services.
This newly created role will provide an efficient and comprehensive ICT support service for all Thames Reach projects and teams. This contributes towards Thames Reach's strategic intent to end street homelessness by establishing a robust and reliable ICT infrastructure and increasing the use of ICT as a support to staff, helping everyone to be efficient and effective.
The purpose of the job is to be a member of the Central Services team, working to provide a comprehensive, cost-effective and efficient ICT service.
For this role:
A degree or equivalent experience would be required for this role, however it is important you have the ability, experience and knowledge to deal with demanding but rewarding role. You should also be confident working in a hands on technical role, but also capable of providing strategic insight and advice in an environment either ever changing needs.
This is to be undertaken within Thames Reach's policies and style of operation and includes tasks and day-to-day decision-making relating to:
- Managing the outsourcing and provision of an effective IT infrastructure
- Managing and the provision of an effective Telecoms infrastructure (mobile and fixed)
- Developing systems to enable agile working across the organisation
- Managing the document solution contracts
- The support of relevant software systems
- The provision of training and support so that staff and service users seeking work in Thames Reach develop the ICT skills relevant to their jobs
- Management of overall network infrastructure, network security and telecoms systems
- Server and device management including design and configure, upgrade and repair.
- Technical management of all suppliers including hardware, software and outsourced IT Service Management provider
- Be the trusted advisor in the capacity of technical authority for your area of IS expertise, ensuring services and solutions are designed, delivered, maintained and supported in accordance with best practise, optimised for operational efficiency and supportability. In support of this to keep up to date with relevant current technologies and techniques.
- Ensure that technical documentation is maintained, and that appropriate levels of quality assurance are applied to its development. To conduct quality and technical reviews as needed, and ensure records are accurate to support IS services and processes, including any re-charging.
- Support the introduction of new systems, processes and services, providing appropriate resources and expertise from the team, assisting in planning, control, and quality and project assurance
Deliverables of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Staged Office365 migration
- VOIP system consolidation
- Networked infrastructure supplier consolidation
As Well as a great working environment, we can also offer:
- Learning & Development opportunities including (Tuition Aid & Management Training)
- 6.5% non-contributory pension
- Flexible working
- 29 days annual leave
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.