- Full Time
Competitive salary and benefits
Location - Telford
Our client, a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and installation of specialist engineering equipment is seeking to appoint a permanent Project Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the profitable delivery of ALL contracts and small
works from post tender stage. They will ensure that contracts are completed on time, on
budget, to a high standard and develop excellent relationships with the businesses' clients.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Compiling and submitting monthly valuations, projected final accounts and final accounts
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Liaising with project managers, engineers and clients, and ensuring they are happy.
- Attend and report at pre-contract and progress meetings with clients.
- Organising directly employed labour and encouraging maximum productivity.
- Oversee ordering materials and sub-contractors at best value.
- Ensure Health and Safety plans, Risk assessments, COSHH assessments and the Health and Safety file are created and enforced and filed upon on completion.
- Ensure high quality of all work carried out.
- Provide information for estimator at tender stage.
- Providing estimates and supervising small works.
- Assisting with invoicing.
- Ensure invoices are ACCEPTED by the customer and ensure prompt payment is received.
- Ensure that site managers are properly resourced to do their job well.
- Carry out other duties requested by the Business.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.