Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading projects to deliver the necessary capabilities to deliver the siting process, which may include gaining the necessary permissions (e.g. development consent), securing required land access or delivering enabling work for the next Programme Tranche.
- Experience (5 to 10 years plus) of leading and delivering significant multi £m scale projects and programmes in complex, technical and highly regulated environments, and proven track record of managing and engaging effectively with internal and external stakeholders in such environments.
- Experience in leading projects to deliver designs and safety cases in a regulatory environment and progress technical maturity and scientific underpinning through programme stages gates.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing technically based multi-disciplinary teams, including internal and external resources, to drive integration, teamwork and problem solving while holding teams accountable for performance.
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex projects to time and budget.
- Experienced and comfortable with change with the ability to work with an organisation that is undergoing significant transformation and can demonstrate a proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience of establishing strong positive relationships with the supply chain, including procurement and contract management of complex technical contracts.
- Visible leadership - able to lead through engaging, motivating, coaching and empowering others.
- Collaboration - able to establish and develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, bringing people together to benefit projects or programme.
- Working with ambiguity - able to build consensus and set direction in uncertain situations and apply knowledge and techniques to reduce ambiguity.
- Conflict resolution – able to recognise, anticipate and effectively deal with existing or potential conflicts or disconnects at individual, team or strategic levels.
- Communication - demonstrably strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, and at all levels of seniority.
- Chartered with a relevant professional body or having commensurate qualifications and experience.
- Relevant programme and project management qualifications (eg. PRINCE 2, Managing Successful Programmes, APM Practitioner Qualification and APM Registered Project Professional).
- Degree qualified in a science or engineering subject.
- Relevant experience of working with external stakeholders to deliver project objectives.
- Nuclear Sector experience.
- Experience in development and approval of business cases within the public sector
- Experience of securing major permissions for infrastructure projects e.g. environmental permits and/or development consent.