Head of Development – Buildings
7 days left
- Full Time
Role: Head of Development – Buildings
Salary: Up to £75k per annum depending on qualifications/experience
Working Arrangements: Full Time
Location: Ebbsfleet, North Kent (with occasional travel)
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 17 May
In April 2015 the Government established the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC), an Urban Development Corporation with development management planning powers to deliver a new Garden City at Ebbsfleet in North Kent. Ebbsfleet Garden City is an exciting new community of up to 15,000 homes and 30,000 jobs – the first new Garden City for 100 years. Further information can be accessed at https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/
Head of Development – Buildings
Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Head of Development – Buildings will lead on the delivery of the Community Buildings programme and other associated Built assets that the EDC will deliver through its Investment Plan. The role will act as an internal advisor across the projects team supporting other Heads of Development and project managers who are leading on projects across the wider Garden City to ensure that integration occurs.
They will ensure that a robust programme plan and risk management arrangements are in place and work to ensure that the range of projects are delivered at pace, remain within budget and achieve the outputs/KPI’s. The role will also provide reliable advice, information, analysis and commentary to inform decisions made by the EDC Board and, where required, by our sponsor Department, MHCLG.
The successful candidate will work across the EDC and with external partners and lead on developing, managing and reporting on the EDC’s Civic Infrastructure programme building programme. Strong collaboration will be required with other Heads of Development for specific areas within the EDC Investment Plan to ensure a coordinated delivery.
A full list of responsibilities is included in the EDC Candidate Pack for this role.
⦁ Educated to degree level or equivalent professional relevant qualification
⦁ Appropriate project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, MAPN
⦁ Membership of a Professional Body associated with Project Management/Leadership Management/buildings/Health & Safety or Construction would be an advantage
0) Considerable knowledge and extensive experience of the delivery of buildings, where the wider general public will have had access
0) Developing briefs for buildings and understanding of contracts associated with building development and construction
0) Strong project management skills for delivery of projects with a proven record and working within major projects and project teams.
0) Considerable knowledge and experience of CDM regulations and the discharge of these obligations. Preference is for Client side CDM experience.
0) Management experience within a multi-disciplinary working environment; budgetary and project management control.
0) Experience of line management of project managers and contractors
0) Experience of managing multi-disciplinary professional teams
0) Experience of working within/with a complex environments, government agencies, local authorities, property developers, house builders, environmentalists, communities and multi-disciplinary consultants.
0) Experience of working on community and civic infrastructure project or public buildings including developing proposals in close collaboration with project end users.
0) A strong understanding of programme and project delivery particularly in the public sector
0) Strong collaboration and influencing skills
0) Excellent communication skills: the ability to engage and influence stakeholders both within government and externally and the ability to deliver clear messages
0) Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
0) Good verbal communication skills and an ability to speak with authority on all aspects of programme management and the performance of the EDC
0) Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
0) Ability to work on own initiative, with the ability to manage own time effectively
0) Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
0) Team player with the ability to work flexibly as part of a small team with demanding targets, and to work under pressure.
Recruitment and Selection Process
For details of how to apply candidates should visit the EDC website at https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/ and access the candidate pack for this role.
Your completed application should be returned by 5pm, Monday 17 May