Head of Development – Area Programmes
7 days left
- Full Time
Role: Head of Development – Area Programmes
Salary: Up to £75k per annum depending on qualifications/experience
Working Arrangements: Full Time
Location: Ebbsfleet, North Kent (with occasional travel)
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 17 May
In April 2015 the Government established the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC), an Urban Development Corporation with development management planning powers to deliver a new Garden City at Ebbsfleet in North Kent. Ebbsfleet Garden City is an exciting new community of up to 15,000 homes and 30,000 jobs – the first new Garden City for 100 years. Further information can be accessed at https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/
Head of Development – Area Programmes
Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Head of Development – Area Programmes will lead on the delivery of the Thames Way Development Area Programme and the Northfleet Riverside Programme for the EDC. The successful candidate will ensure that a robust programme plan and risk management arrangements are in place and work to ensure that the range of projects are delivered at pace, remain within budget and achieve the outputs/KPIs. The role will also provide reliable advice, information, analysis and commentary to inform decisions made by the EDC Board and, where required, by our sponsor Department, MHCLG.
A full list of responsibilities is included in the EDC Candidate Pack for this role.
Educated to degree level or equivalent professional relevant qualification;
Project and/or Programme Management Qualification.
- Considerable knowledge and extensive experience in project and/or management of complex regeneration schemes
- Considerable knowledge and experience of the factors that contribute to the successful delivery of large scale mixed use regeneration projects
- Comprehensive understanding of the full development lifecycle of regeneration, development and infrastructure projects.
- Experience of procuring and managing multi-disciplinary professional teams to achieve high quality outcomes
- Experience of undertaking commercial negotiations relating to land and property projects at a senior level
- Experience of working at a senior level within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience of managing significant financial budgets and ensuring high quality, robust, project management processes and controls are in place and maintained
- Public sector financial experience, including financial analysis: a commercial understanding of funding, state aid, risk, payment, procurement and performance issues, the distinction between capital and revenue funding, and VAT implications
- Experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary internal teams to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Experience of leading and managing a team of both direct report and wider organisation team members.
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder management and managing complex interdependences across multiple interlinked projects.
Skills and Abilities
- High levels of commercial acumen and proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand complex delivery issues, and design solutions accordingly
- A flexible and resilient approach to problem solving, with the ability to overcome significant challenges when they are presented, drawing on others for their assistance when required
- To be able to take a strategic approach to ensure the delivery of the project
- Strong collaborative skills to work across teams and organisations and the ability to draw on a broad range of expertise
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders both within government and externally and the ability to deliver clear messages
- Proficient IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- An ability to understand and deal effectively with the detail of complex projects
- Highly organised and flexible, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to work flexibly as part of a small team with demanding targets, and to work under pressure.
Recruitment and Selection Process
For details of how to apply candidates should visit the EDC website at https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/ and access the candidate pack for this role.
Your completed application should be returned by 5pm, Monday 17 May