Programme Manager Roles
Programme Manager roles at Fair4all Finance
London or home working (currently the team are home working due to Covid-19; when government rules allow, this role-holder will be expected to spend regular time in the London office and at client meetings)
Wednesday 12th May - 10am
£44,000 - £55,000 – subject to experience and programme management specialism. Please see full details of salaries here https://fair4allfinance.org.uk/work-with-us
Fair4All Finance is here to increase the financial resilience and wellbeing of people in vulnerable circumstances. We deliberately talk about vulnerable circumstances and not vulnerable people. That’s because it’s circumstances that create vulnerability, not people.
The Covid-19 crisis is a stark reminder that none of us are far away from the life events or health problems that can create financial vulnerability.
It’s time for transforming the financial services system to ensure it serves all people, whatever their situation.
About these exciting opportunities
As we continue our exciting growth plans in 2021 to deliver on our ambitious goals and strategy, we are seeking multiple programme managers across our workstreams. We are looking for a number of adaptable, talented individuals with a depth of experience on specific topics and an appetite to work in a small and driven team which uses a multi-disciplinary approach to running programmes.
Multiple roles required covering a range of disciplines include:
- Growth and Development Programmes
- Proposition development and management
- Debt fund management
- Organisational Project Delivery
Please refer to the job description to review each specialism for key role responsibilities and person specification. We will expect our Programme Managers to principally be aligned to their specialist topic area and to work across the team as needed.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidates will be organised, flexible, good-humoured, creative and resourceful and be keen to contribute to the evolution of our structures and processes. You'll collaborate purposefully with others on shared goals. You’ll be self-directed and able to anticipate future needs or activities, sometimes acting ahead or reacting to circumstances without waiting for direction.
We expect all programme managers to have:
• Passion for our mission to increase the financial resilience of people in vulnerable circumstances
• Programme Management experience on complex multi-faceted programmes including agile approaches
• Aptitude for convening and collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams to get the most out of the talent around you and co-opt it where needed
• Commercial acumen, ideally in the context of ensuring programme deliver the desired results including financial return as well as understanding how to structure commercial arrangements to also secure social impact
• Understanding of the different operational programme delivery models and where these are most appropriate (outsourced/contract managed; in-sourced)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Stakeholder management experience in complex stakeholder environment • Able to quickly get up to speed on a new systems
• Knowledge of the importance of data security and safeguarding
• Technical accreditations or qualifications in MSP, PMP, Agile or equivalent will be looked on favourably but are not essential
• Experience of working with the social or impact investment, or community finance sectors
What you'll be doing
Our emphasis in recruiting programme managers is on bringing the capability into our team to deliver the quality of thinking and content development across our broad remit. Successful candidates will pair this with exceptional programme execution ability including the fundamentals of:
• planning work including breaking down tasks and dependencies
• writing business cases
• overseeing implementation iterative development / agile approaches
• stakeholder management
• working with partners
• knowledge transfer and capability development of the organisations we support
What do our future aspirations look like
By 2026 we’d like to see customers in vulnerable circumstances increasingly provided with products and services tailored to their needs. Both from an affordable credit point of view and with appropriate savings and insurance products and services widely available too.
We recognise our plans will need to be flexible as we all respond to the rapidly changing world around us and we know it’s going to be an interesting and challenging journey. We’d love to work with you as we build on what works well, surface gaps and innovate together to transform the system.
Making an application
The deadline for application is Wednesday 12th May 2021 All applicants must have an existing Right to Work in the UK. When you apply for the role, you will be given the opportunity to state which of the specialisms you are most interested in and what skills and experience you bring to that specific role. After the job advert closes, your answers will go through a sift process: randomising and anonymising answers to take out individual information that could add biases into hiring decisions. This enables application reviewers to review each answer objectively. People scoring the applications will not have seen your CV at this stage of the process so please try your best to answer questions with specific examples and without simply rephrasing your CV, which they will review later in the recruitment process.
All Fair4All Finance team members are currently working from home. We will be as flexible as possible in light of any COVID-19 priorities and challenges which you may be facing
Fair4All Finance is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the people and communities we serve. We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop and all team members can contribute to their fullest potential. Applications are welcome from people of any age, sex, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background. We are determined to ensure that all team members and applicants receive fair and equitable treatment or are not disadvantaged by any inappropriate conditions or requirements being placed on them.