Project & Programme Management Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project and Programme Management Specialist. This critical role will provide specialist advice and expertise to projects and programmes to support the delivery of the National Trusts strategy. So if you have deep experience in project and programme management, are passionate about driving capability and are energetic and collaborative we’d love to hear from you.
Currently the team is working remotely. Once COVID restrictions ease, you’ll need to be in our Head Office in Swindon on average one/two days per week. Occasional travel to Trust properties nationwide will also be required.
What it's like to work here
The National Trust’s Project & Programme Centre of Excellence sits within the Trust’s Strategy Management Unit, at the heart of the organisation, reporting directly to the Director General. The team is all about driving excellence in Project and Programme Management across the Trust, improving our organisational capability to deliver more projects in service of our exciting strategy.
The Trust’s approach is aligned to the Association for Project Management (APM) – we’re active members - and past winners of Project Management Company of the Year.
You won’t work for an organisation with a more varied portfolio of projects - we support activity across the charity from construction to nature conservation, curation to renewables, through to IT and service delivery, heritage conservation to marketing.
Our projects span England, Wales, and Northern Ireland - working with us you’ll be protecting unforgettable places for future generations. We spend £200m+ on our projects annually and have ambitious plans to build on this. Working within the Centre of Excellence, you’ll play a critical role in helping us achieve these goals.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Project & Programme Support Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing expert advice and support to National Trusts project and programme community.
This includes supporting the setup of new and complex projects and programmes, promoting information flow and communication as well as increasing the transparency, availability and reliability of project data across the Trust. You'll also use your experience to support the development of project and programme capability such as; delivering training, developing new ways of working and embedding new systems and processes.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Experience of delivering major or complex projects in a multi discipled environment.
- A Professional Project Management (APMP/Prince) or Programme Management (MSP) qualification, and a willingness to work towards Chartered (ChPP) status.
- Knowledge of the application of Agile working practices in a predominantly waterfall environment.
- Knowledge and experience of using system-based project reporting software packages.
Please also read the Role Profile attached to this advert.
We know that we can't serve our diverse audiences without firstly celebrating the diversity of our people. That's why we work hard to create an inclusive culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging. We welcome and value difference, so however you look, wherever you come from and whatever your favourite TV programme, we want to hear from you.
Benefits of working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.