Experienced Project Manager
Projects are human endeavours. We are looking for a great project manager to join our team.
Clarkson Alliance provides clients with confidence to deliver exceptional projects. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a project manager to join our friendly team of Project and Cost Managers specialising in the construction industry. We are looking for people who share our vision and are eager to improve the way that construction projects are managed and delivered.
We believe in building and developing high performing teams, and work collaboratively with all members of a project team to deliver the best service for our clients. We care about success and are driven by a desire to continually improve our processes and a belief that people are at the heart of projects and are most likely to excel when they are able to work to their strengths.
Clarkson Alliance are Regulated by RICS and accredited members of the Association of Project Management.
To deliver facilities to our customers which meet or exceed their desired outcomes, on time and within budget.
- Work with clients to establish desired outcomes, and agree project objectives with key stakeholders
- Develop overall strategic project programmes identifying all key dates, activity dependencies and the critical path
- Implement effective project governance structures, including establishing roles and responsibilities for designers and all other members of the project team
- Risk management – running risk workshops to establish risks at the outset of the project; devising and implementing strategies to mitigate/minimize risks
- Establish, agree and manage the procurement of design team members who will contribute to the successful delivery of projects. This will include working with the Cost Manager to implement procurement procedures, and arranging mid-bid, post bid and clarification meetings with contractors
- Work with contractors to agree programmes, health and safety plans, method statements and quality control procedures
- Convene regular design team meetings to establish progress and critical actions
- Convene regular project board meetings to update on progress and decisions
- Develop and agree regular reporting mechanisms with clients, including weekly project updates
- Convene pre-start meetings with contractors and hold regular meetings on site
- Follow Clarkson Alliance’s Quality Management System for all project delivery processes to control project implementation; have a role in the system’s ongoing development and improvement
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Contribute to the knowledge and development of the whole team via regular conference calls and our knowledge sharing platform
- Experience of working as a Project Manager on construction projects, and of delivering facilities to clients that meet or exceeds their desired outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Technically qualified in project management or related technical profession
- Managing construction projects from inception to completion as the lead client side project manager
- Managing the procurement of design teams and contractors
- Management of risk and change during construction projects
- Programme management software such as Asta PowerProject
- Experience working as the main point of contact for a client on a project
- Experience working closely with a Cost Manager to monitor budgets and costs
- Experience leading and motivating teams of colleagues, clients and external consultants
- Ability to lead with a professional can-do approach that inspires others in the project team to deliver their best
- Well organized, pro-active and a team player
- Strategic thinker who is capable of seeing the bigger picture and can support a team to do the same
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Valid driving license
- Membership of a relevant chartered institute – eg RICS; APM
- Knowledgeable in NEC3/4
- Experience of the leisure industry
- Knowledge of Common Data Environment Software
- Understanding of local government procurement processes
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Personal development plan, and ongoing support and mentoring
- An opportunity to influence and to be a part of the growth and strategic direction of Clarkson Alliance
Equal Opportunities Employer
Clarkson Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.
Applicants should send their CV’s and an introductory letter setting out how they meet the requirements of the job description by clicking 'Apply'
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK