Project Manager - Public Sector
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to join our team in London, following the Government’s investment drive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The team has a number of high profile clients and our work covers an interesting and varied portfolio of projects and programmes including several historic assets.
We are currently delivering large programmes of work for key Government departments, legislative bodies and local authorities ranging from major Central Government transformation programmes to significant local authority led regeneration schemes, museums, heritage and memorial sites, affordable housing developments, defence and custodial/judicial built assets.
Many of our projects are iconic and unusual and offer exciting challenges and exposure to some of the most innovative schemes in the UK market place, often in secure environments or historic buildings.
Our secure environments portfolio includes, administrative, taxation, custodial, law enforcement and defence. As a specialist in secure environments the role will require you to work on site in sensitive locations, including some custodial and defence facilities.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To work as part of a team servicing major high profile public sector clients specifically in legislative, defence, custodial and taxation environments.
- To ensure that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards
- To administer bespoke forms of contracts including PPC 2000 and NEC
- Review the quality of constructed projects on site (the successful candidate will be required to work on site in sensitive and secure locations in London and the south east)
Project management, to include:
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project and programme
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan, using ASTA and MSP
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Multi-disciplinary design management
- Consents and approvals managements
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager
- Assisting in the production of bid documentation
- Ensuring that project case study, photographs and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying ways in which project management products and services can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Understanding and identifying cross-divisional opportunities
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Knowledge management
- Financial management
- Process improvement – Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved
KEY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Public sector project management experience with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), High security prison estate, MoD or the Parliamentary Estate
- Good working knowledge of all of the main project management concepts, tools, techniques, and key forms of contract, including PPC2000 & NEC contract administration
- Project management experience in structural repairs following subsidence
- Business development experience, including Business Case writing in Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT) Five Case Model
- Mandatory Security Conditions
- Information Security Protocols – above OFFSEN
- Defence experience
- Heritage experience
- Understanding of the characteristics of projects, over full the project life cycle, including whole life cost
- Good working knowledge of all the main project management concepts, tools and techniques
- Good working knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes and BIM design management experience
- Extensive experience of stakeholder engagement
- Experience in programme management, particularly in the context of overseeing project teams geographically located in twelve or more sites
- Security clearance at an enhanced vetting level
- Graduate or equivalent qualification
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.