Senior Project Manager
The Transformation Directorate is running a campaign for the role of Senior Project Manager to work in our Portfolio Delivery function.
London doesn’t stand still and neither should we! This is an exciting time to be working for the Transformation Directorate as we support the Met to adapt and respond to the ever changing needs of policing our capital city. This means that there are a vast range of opportunities for you to get involved with making London the safest global city at a time of unprecedented change.
Job Purpose: Deliver project(s) to cost, quality and time standards.
- Champion and implement effective project delivery, supporting the vision to attain a world-class transformation function.
- Manage communication and engagement with project stakeholders, developing and maintaining key relationships and working in partnership to resolve problems to benefit operational policing and the MPS.
- Work with the TD and local project/change teams to ensure consistency of project delivery approach.
- Provide overall direction and leadership for the project delivery team in scope of the role.
- Build and sustain capacity and capability within the project team to deliver the programme.
- Be the key point of contact between the project and the Transformation Directorate.
- Deliver project outcomes and benefits.
- Lead a complex project, including set-up, management and delivery, ensuring that the project delivers to time, cost and quality and meets all Transformation Directorate processes, standards and reporting requirements.
- Co-ordinate the project and its interdependencies, working closely with the project managers for the other projects within the programme.
- Identify, manage and resolve risks, track and manage costs and benefits, provide reports as required, and ensure all outputs meet programme requirements.
- Manage project related dependencies.
- Own the project business case.
- Identify resource requirements and undertake related activities.
- Manage stakeholder communications and key messages for the project.
- Manage project level resource to ensure project outputs are deliver to time, cost and quality.
The project manager develops and maintains strategic relationships with:
- Leaders in the Met, including the SRO for their work, and within Transformation Directorate to provide meaningful insights and drive action following decisions; this will include project progress updates
- Enabling functions related to their specialism, which may include digital policing, finance, OCUs, BCUs, to problem-solve, integrate and collaborate to the benefit of operational policing and the wider MPS
- Head of programme delivery to support them in building the capability, career priorities and capacity of programme and project delivery and its credibility in the wider MPS
- The project manager works closely day-to-day with their peers within their programme, the overall portfolio, and wider Met where there is a need for integrated and collaborative working, to problem solve to the benefit of operational policing and the wider MPS.
- The project manager leads and manages – the people working on their projects, including any assistant project managers, to:
- provide quality outputs to time and cost, that enable programmes to achieve their outcomes
- ensure that all staff on their projects develop their expertise to a world-class standard
- allocate and prioritise project resources to the overall benefit of the portfolio
- contractors within their area to meet changing resource requirements across the projects, ensuring quality of output and value for money
Professional and/or graduate qualifications in P3M (e.g. MoP, MSP and/or PRINCE 2/APMP) is desirable
The following Competencies and Values from the MPS Competencies and Values Framework will be tested at paper-sift and interview stage-
- We are emotionally aware- Level Three
- We deliver, support and inspire- Level Three
- We analyse critically- Level Three
Please note: as part of the selection process you will undertake a competency and technical interview.