Project Managers manage the design, development and delivery of different types of projects with budgets in the range of £25k to £500k in order to achieve the project objectives within specified constraints.
- Manage delivery of a wide range of research and standards projects with project budgets of between approx. £25k and £500k.
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with all relevant RSSB policies, processes and procedures
- Establish project teams and influence and motivate members of the team to ensure that, through their individual efforts and through collaborative working with internal and external stakeholders, they contribute to project success in line with the project plan.
Project Definition, Planning and Control
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly defined, agreed, communicated and maintained throughout the project life cycle.
- Prepare, maintain and manage resourcing using schedules in Microsoft Project Professional.
- Develop and agree budgets with appropriate contingencies for projects.
- Identify and monitor, and plan and implement responses to, project risks, opportunities and issues, taking account of lessons learned.
- Apply RSSB quality management processes.
- Prepare, submit and present project documentation as required for review and approval at stage gates, including papers for budget authorisation.
- Produce consolidated project plans.
- Monitor actual project progress against plan for agreed project performance indicators (cost, schedule/milestones, quality, risks, etc.).
- Establish and manage reviews at appropriate points to inform governance of projects by providing evaluations of progress.
- Correctly implement change control procedures to alter approved project parameters and update project documentation as necessary.
- Ensure timely closure of the project with the appropriate level of lessons learned incorporated into the project closure report.
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests, to support the achievement of project objectives and the realisation of benefits, and secure an appropriate level of feedback to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Work with the Programme Manager and communications team to plan and deliver the necessary communication activities to support realisation of the project benefits.
- Ensure that the necessary project documentation is prepared for publication and that the appropriate level of stakeholder feedback is incorporated into the project closure report.
- Under supervision, manage the procurement of and relationship with external project suppliers to support the achievement of project objectives and realisation of benefits within the required timescales.
RSSB’s Projects Capability
- Support and propose improvements in RSSB’s project management policies, procedures, culture and practices, and share best practice across the Projects Directorate.
- An introductory project management qualification (such as APM Project Fundamentals or PRINCE2 Foundation) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of managing a range of projects (with budgets in the range of £150k) simultaneously across their lifecycle or managing the delivery of workstreams within projects.
- Effective presentation, facilitation and chairing skills for stakeholder meetings.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.