We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to manage the UK national contributions to the MOONS (Multi-Object Optical and Near-infrared Spectrograph) project which is being developed in STFC's UK Astronomy Technology Centre (UK ATC), Edinburgh!
We are looking for someone with:
* A degree qualification, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Science based subject.
* Significant design experience in an engineering discipline, some of which in a lead role.
* Significant professional experience as a Project Manager.
* Excellent communication, organisational and presentational skills.
About this opportunity:
Within this role as Senior Project Manager you will work alongside engineers, technicians and scientists to oversee these incredible projects. The main duties of the role will include:
* Lead the UK ATC's interests in the project, overseeing the work at UK ATC and with UK collaborators in the UK and abroad.
* Work closely with the other project managers to ensure their ability to deliver the required value to time and budget.
* Manage the delivery by confirming the design baseline and ensuring that the appropriate change management control processes are established and adhered to across the project.
* Manage the quality and safety aspects of the project using established industry standards and in-house procedures.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are invested in creating an environment that is welcoming and supportive of all, to help us achieve the highest possible standards in our work and organisation together. In this regard, we encourage applications from under-represented groups.
How to apply:
For full details of this post please visit our job board.
In your application please provide a CV and a Cover Letter which details your experience in relation to the criteria for this role. Early applicants are encouraged as interviews for this position will take place on a rolling basis. Closing Date: 11th July 2021.