AlphaPlus is delighted to announce that due to our continued growth, we are now seeking two individuals to join the vibrant team based in our Manchester head office, as project managers.
The project managers will support project teams to ensure that projects are implemented to time, budget and quality, working across a range of projects. The roles will be full-time, providing our customers with a consistent point of contact through normal office hours.
The postholders will work across a range of projects in an educational and vocational setting. This will include supporting large-scale trialling of new materials and the delivery of live assessments in schools.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or individuals with a teaching background interested in a project management career in a customer-facing role in an education management setting.
- supporting large-scale trials of new assessment materials and providing Service desk support for schools
- working in a customer-facing role, recruiting schools to participate in trials of new assessment materials and supporting them throughout the process
- supporting a Service desk providing IT and assessment support to schools across Scotland accessing online assessment materials, as part of the National Standardised Assessments (NSA)
We are looking for candidates with:
- a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- a proven ability to collect and analyse information, solve problems and make decisions
- an ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and to work independently
- excellent communication skills to operate effectively with the team and with customers
- recognition of the importance of and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Essential criteria include:
- a good standard of numeracy and literacy, at least GCSE or equivalent in maths and English
- a good set of A levels or equivalent
- a good honours degree or equivalent
- reasonable fluency with MS Office applications
- an aptitude for adapting to new software and digital services.
The following would also be useful but are not essential; individuals without these should not be deterred from applying as full support and training will be provided as required:
- Experience in a customer service role
- Experience using CRM/service desk software
- Experience in public sector education
- An understanding of the Gaelic/Scottish education system
Project management skills and experience are useful attributes for the role but potential applicants without these formal skills and experience who meet the stated criteria are very welcome to apply, as full on-the-job training and support will be provided to the right candidates.
These roles are permanent and full-time, Monday to Friday, based in our head office in Castlefield, Manchester. Under current circumstances the office is closed and we are working from home. It is envisaged that there will be opportunities for some flexible home working once the office reopens.
The role may sometimes require some national travel, working in company and customer offices with the possibility of international travel.
- regular salary increments
- generous bonus scheme (15% in 2021)
- NEST workplace pension scheme – tier 1
- enhanced sick pay cover
- enhanced maternity/parental leave
- 25 days paid leave plus the eight statutory bank holidays
- flexible working arrangements
- commitment to developing the expertise of our employees.
For an informal discussion about the vacancies please contact Andy Lewis, Field Research Manager, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, who will arrange a convenient time to discuss the role with you.
If you are interested in this job and consider you meet the criteria, we will be pleased to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity in a busy and fast-growing company. If you are interested in this job and consider you meet the criteria, we will be pleased to hear from you.
The job description, person specification, application form and job description are located on our jobs page.
To apply, please send the completed application form together with a CV and covering statement setting out how you meet the criteria for this role, to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 26th July 2021.
9.00 am on Monday 26 July 2021