AlphaPlus is pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity to join our vibrant team based in our Manchester head office, as Service Desk Manager.
The Service Desk Manager will work on project teams to ensure that projects are implemented to time, budget and quality, supporting a range of projects over their lifecycle. The role will be full-time, providing our customers with a consistent point of contact through normal office hours, and will normally be based in our Manchester office. They will work across a range of projects in an educational and vocational setting. This will include supporting large-scale trialling of new materials and the delivery of live assessments in schools.
A key part of this role will be to manage a service desk team providing IT and assessment support to schools across Scotland accessing online assessment materials, as part of the National Standardised Assessments (NSA).
- managing a service desk team of between two and eight people to provide IT and assessment support to schools across Scotland accessing online assessment materials, as part of the NSA
- working in a customer-facing role across multiple projects, recruiting schools to participate in trials of new assessment materials and supporting them throughout the trialling process
- having experience in a customer service role, preferably using CRM / service desk software
- working with project teams across the organisation to design, develop and deploy qualifications and assessments across a range of educational and vocational contexts
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- organisational, project and people management, teamworking, motivation skills
- integrity, adaptability, persuasiveness, determination
- a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- proven ability to collect and analyse information, solve problems and make decisions
- ability to work well in a high-pressure environment
- recognition of the importance of excellent customer service
Essential criteria include:
- a good standard of numeracy and literacy, at least GCSE or equivalent in maths and English
- a good set of A levels or equivalent
- a good honours degree or equivalent
- reasonable fluency with MS Office applications
- an aptitude for adapting to new software and digital services.
- experience managing a team to reach targets and provide a seamless customer/client-facing support service
- experience in a customer service role, preferably using CRM/service desk software
- experience of and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, at senior management level
The following would also be useful but are not essential; individuals without these should not be deterred from applying as full support and training will be provided as required:
- Understanding of/experience in public sector education
- an understanding of the Gaelic/Scottish education system
The role is full time, Monday to Friday, based in our head office in Castlefield, Manchester. Under current circumstances the office is closed and we are working from home. It is envisaged that there will be opportunities for some flexible home working once the office reopens.
The role may sometimes require some national travel, working in company and customer offices with the possibility of international travel.
- regular salary increments
- generous bonus scheme (15% in 2021)
- NEST workplace pension scheme – tier 1
- enhanced sick pay cover
- enhanced maternity/parental leave
- 25 days paid leave plus the eight statutory bank holidays
- flexible working arrangements
- commitment to developing the expertise of our employees.
For an informal discussion about the vacancies please contact Andy Lewis, Field Research Manager, by email, email@example.com, who will arrange a convenient time to discuss the role with you.
The job description, person specification and application form are located on the jobs page of our website.
To apply, please send the completed application form together with a CV and covering statement setting out how you meet the criteria for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 am on Monday 26 July 2021.