The Transformation Directorate: Portfolio Delivery (PD) Function
Role: P3M Centre of Excellence Lead (Band B)
Salary (Band B Spine Point One): £48,997 + Zone allowance (dependent on location)
Location: Newlands Park, (Agile Working Across MPS Estate)- Please note we may be working from home while lockdown restrictions are in place.
Reports to: P3M Centre of Excellence Lead
Do you have the expertise, vision and leadership qualities we need to shape and drive change and help keep Londoners safe? This is an exciting time to be working for the Transformation Directorate as we support the Met to adapt and respond to the ever changing needs of policing our capital city. We are looking for high quality individuals to deliver a range of projects, working with colleagues across the Directorate and beyond.
What does it take to work in the Transformation Directorate?
The Transformation Directorate specialises in delivering complex change. As a portfolio we specialise in P3M (Project, Programme & Portfolio Management) & Project Controls, Business Analysis and business change. Through our portfolio of programmes and projects we ensure the correct level of rigour and discipline is applied to deliver the outcomes and benefits we require.
To succeed we need professionals who:
- Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Are experienced in managing multiple stakeholders and balancing competing demands
- Can work with integrity and demonstrate respect for others
- Use experience and insight to make evidence based decisions
As the Centre of Excellence Lead, you will be responsible for championing and implementing top class P3M standards, promoting best practice and help build capability and the development of career pathways. You will ensure the application of these standards and practices through a robust assurance framework that supports the use of effective P3M governance and controls
What do we look for in a Centre or Excellence Lead?
As the Lead for the Centre of Excellence, you will be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the following:
- Delivering change and managing high profile stakeholders within a complex environment
- Project management approaches, methodologies and their practical application (a professional P3M based qualification such as MoP, MSP or PRINCE 2 is desirable)
- Project controls, including cost, schedule and risk management
What can we offer in return?
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy the kind of great benefits that you’d expect from one of London's largest employers. More details of these can be found here:
Things you need to know - Security
Due to the secure nature of our work, successful candidates must pass all vetting and security requirements, including Counter Terrorism CTC, before they can be appointed.
More details relating to UK Security Clearance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
The following Competencies and Values from the MPS Competencies and Values Framework will be tested at paper-sift and interview stage-
- We take ownership- Level Three
- We are collaborative- Level Three
- We analyse critically- Level Three
Please note: as part of the selection process you will undertake a competency and technical interview.