The Project Manager will work within the Operations team responsible for delivering projects into existing and new clients. They will communicate and collaborate with clients regarding project deliverables, including managing expectations and presentation of project documentation
A leading Insurance provider in the UK.
* Day-to-day management of multiple projects using Contemi & Agile practices.
* Preparation of all project documentation, including; Project Initiation Documents, Project Plans using Microsoft Project, Statement of Works and Solution Outlines.
* Delivering to contractual terms..
* Setting up and chairing steering group meetings (supported by project Checkpoint reports).
* Carrying out project risk assessments, to manage risks and provide mitigations.
* Project estimating and planning, including preparing and agreeing project estimates and plans.
* Controlling the project against the agreed project plan and the terms of reference.
* Ensuring that projects are delivered within the agreed release cycle.
* Ensuring that resourcing is managed throughout the project.
* Ensuring that the scope is managed and change control is raised where necessary.
* Ensuring contractual terms are understood in order to provide project status updates for billing purposes
* Contemi and customer project plans are developed in line with each other.
* Feeding back actuals to the estimators and to the estimating process.
* Delivering projects against agreed plans and to budget.
* Ensuring project quality throughout the project life cycle.
* Project closure, including archiving project information and post-project reviews.
* Reporting project progress against the plan to the steering group, within Contemi and to the customer.
* Coach and mentor team members about project management best practices.
* Advocate as an active participant in internal activities to determine and implement best practices and improve methodologies/the quality of deliverables.
* Liaising with multiple Contemi teams to ensure timely deliverables.
* Hold responsibility for maintaining and developing client-business relationships.
* To be part of the Project Office decision making processes around resource planning, scheduling and problem solving.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Track record in formal Project Management methodology.
* Experience within software development environment.
* Experience of working in a project environment, including exposure to project documentation.
* Experience of project planning, highly desired; Microsoft Project.
* Presentation skills (preparation and delivery).
* Energetic, goal-focused; results driven.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Shows leadership qualities and team leadership experience.
A salary of £40,000 plus company benefits