SYSTEMIQ is a different kind of company. Our purpose is to catalyse good disruptions in critical economic systems. These disruptions are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also open up immense opportunities for the businesses that drive them. The UN Global Goals and the Paris Agreement have set the targets we must reach to protect the earth and make sure everyone in the growing global population has a chance to prosper. But, so far, most change has been incremental. We need to transform economic systems much faster to hit the targets and stop the degradation of natural resources.
SYSTEMIQ connects the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through four main activities:
- Convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
- Recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders.
Position: The talent we need
We are looking for experienced project managers to lead teams on exciting opportunities. This highly strategic work involves some of the most prominent institutions in the field, has a very international character and aims at significant impact over the next 3-5 years. It requires advanced problem solving, analytical and relationship skills, the experience of leading project teams to deliver breakthrough insights, action and results and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple leading industry stakeholders to deliver collective action.
In this role, you will be leading a team running one of our Coalitions. You will be working with the world’s leading household brands - manufacturers and retailers – delivering tangible action to realise a world where no plastic waste ends up in nature, in line with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s vision for a New Plastics Economy.
Our teams are typically small (2-5 people), but you will likely be working with many (50+) senior stakeholders, including CEOs, and you may be involved in more than one project/venture at a time.
We offer the opportunity to benefit from the world-leading networks of our partners and be part of a high-calibre, driven, and fun/friendly team. There is also the possibility to gain experience in project development and venture capital.
Requirements: The skills & experience we expect
SYSTEMIQ is looking for individuals with a strong record of excellence and achievement. You have proven that in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You are passionate about SYSTEMIQ's mission and approach to system change. Your background may include working at a leading top management consultancy, ideally coupled with solid leadership experience in industry, the public sector or civil society. Specifically, you have:
- Experience in the consumer goods industry, for example through 5+ years of top management consulting experience in a high calibre and international environment, working with consumer goods clients or through 5+ years work in a leading consumer goods company or retailer
- Experience as senior manager, leading teams on both content and process
- Highly advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges
- Relationship management skills, with experience of working in various cultural contexts to build collaboration between senior level individuals and large groups of stakeholders
- A strong commitment to coaching and developing people, with an empowering leadership style
- (Desirable) Experience in the sustainability/environment/social enterprise space
- (Desirable) Experience related to plastics/packaging