STOP THE TRAFFIK is a groundbreaking charity established in 2006, working with communities across the world to assist in preventing modern slavery & human trafficking.
Utilising the power of people and technology, STOP THE TRAFFIK (STT) is working to prevent human trafficking globally through our innovative intelligence-led approach. By shining a light on this hidden crime, and by empowering communities and businesses, we can change the environment and increase the risk to the trafficker and the safety of the vulnerable. The Data Project Manager will work with the STT team and its partners, to manage data projects which work towards actively disrupting and preventing human trafficking recruitment, money flow and networks.
Supported by the Head of Data and Innovation, some of the activities the postholder will do include:
- Working in collaboration with a variety of partners (companies, NGOs, local authorities, police, and others) to source data, set up secure data sharing and present back to different groups.
- Creating and implementing a work plan to the achievement of targets and overall objectives, with a strong ability to organise and prioritise.
- Promote the intelligence generated from gathered data to drive effective action
- Display effective leadership in delivering on projects and line manage a team of Project Officers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience in roles relevant to this role (e.g. Data Analyst/ Scientist/ Engineer or Database Development/ Project Manager.
- Experience with SQL and/or Python. Experience in PowerBI, Unix or AWS is also desirable.
- An analytical thought process and be confident with quantitative and qualitative data.
- A willingness to learn new skills, share and learn job knowledge with colleagues.
- Line management experience with a passion for teamwork, mentoring and supporting others.
In return you will be rewarded by working with a supportive and friendly team, working on an interesting high profile, global issue, conveniently based in our Central London office.
This is a rolling advertisement. CV’s will be considered as they come in and we will appoint when we find the best candidate. Early applications are recommended.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
STOP THE TRAFFIK supports Equal Opportunities Registered Charity No. 1127321