Turner & Townsend is one of the leading consultancy providers to the infrastructure sector where we use our skills, processes and knowledge to provide industry leading services to our clients. Our team of Risk Management professionals are at the heart of the delivery of some of the largest and most exciting projects/ programmes in the country for high profile clients.
We are currently recruiting for Risk Management Professionals from junior to senior levels across all our regions across the UK further grow our team. We have established risk management teams across the UK and we are seeking to expand them all therefore welcoming all candidates regardless of location.
Join our best in industry Risk Management team to continue your professional growth and gain experience on high profile projects including for rail, public utility, life sciences and technology clients.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Plan, design and implement risk management processes tailoring to the client’s needs and aligning with best practice.
2. Actively articulate the benefits of risk management.
3. Lead risk, (threats and opportunity) activities to actively manage risk and seek efficiencies across client’s projects and programmes.
4. Facilitate risk workshops with clients and team members of allocated projects.
5. Train clients and the internal organisation on risk management processes and practices.
6. Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunity status.
7. Drive the need and implementation of mitigation actions against associated risks across projects and programmes.
8. Assist with the identification and development of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, along with assessing the post mitigated positions
9. Develop and drive efficient risk contingency processes that are suitable with the client’s needs and requirements.
10. Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling, timely drawdown of risk budget or retirement of risks.
11. Lead, guide, support and mentor risk specialists and wider roles to influence a large number of stakeholders throughout the organisation.
12. Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels. Depending on the role candidates will be expected to demonstrate basic to experienced levels of competence with tools such as PRA, @risk, Safran or similar.
In order to be able to carry out the duties of the role as required, candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following capabilities: a working understanding of an integrated risk management process (risk, cost and schedule) on a large programme or project, risk workshop facilitation, threat mitigation and opportunity exploitation, Qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk including probabilistic modelling (@risk, PRA and P6 proficiency – or equivalent) preferred.
We are looking for candidates with proven experience in a risk delivery role on projects/programmes. APM/IRM risk certified candidates preferred.
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and be genuinely committed to finding new and more effective ways of working.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/