This is an exciting role which will be core to delivery of the Council’s strategy and growth. The post-holder will one of two PMs working closely with the Council’s CEO to co-ordinate and drive external facing programmes of activity, with this role focusing upon the development and implementation of standards (including professional registration and accreditation) and career support products and services.
This is therefore a key role, responsible for the planning and execution of a programme of projects to deliver both enhancement of the Council’s existing products and the development of new, or transfer in of external, products. The role covers all aspects of project management, including stakeholder management, business case development, planning, designing, executing, monitoring and reporting every aspect of specific projects; and also maintaining an overview of, and reporting on, the overall programme of projects.
1 Main Duties and Responsibilities (not necessarily in priority order)
- Working with the team to create and implement the project and programme methodology for the Council, with a focus on effective and efficienct delivery.
- Working with the wider team and volunteers to identify, develop and implement new projects and programmes in line with the strategic objectives of the Council.
- Developing strong relationships with team members, volunteers, suppliers and partners, using influence to generate support for projects.
- Ensuring management and stakeholders are engaging in identifying project requirements, delivery timelines and costs to align with strategy and wider plans.
- Effective estimating, budgeting and management of resources and ensuring timely delivery of projects and programmes.
- Supervising and coordinating activities of suppliers and ensuring all tenders and contracts are managed in accordance with Council policies.
- Planning and tracking product roadmaps, and developing activity sets to implement those plans.
- Developing and maintaining detailed project plans to guide management, staff members and project teams and managing inter-dependencies.
- Identifying and assigning project tasks based on the skill sets, experience and strengths of staff members and volunteers.
- Working with committees as the decision-making focus for projects.
- Preparing project status reports and updating management and other stakeholders about the programme.
- Identifying and managing risks and resolving issues with management; ensuring this is in line with and integrated into the Council’s risk management processes.
- Ensuring project and programme benefits are reviewed and realized.
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of programme and project management good practice, ensuring this is captured in appropriate procedures and working practices for the Council.
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the CEO.
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties.
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
2 Person Specification:
2.1 Essential Criteria:
- Experience of the education and skills in the UK
- Experience of the development and delivery of professional standards
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects at all stages
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly oral and written communication skills
- Ability to drive projects forward, solve problems and meet deadlines
- Good team-working skills
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills at a variety of levels
- Good level of IT literacy
- PRINCE2 or similar certification
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects or strategic programmes
- Experience of working in a technology environment
- Experience working with committees and volunteers
- Experience of working in a professional body environment (as staff or volunteer)
- Familiarity with developing systems to support complex processes
- Experience of managing people