VolkerRail is an established and experienced railway infrastructure contractor. We have a successful track record of delivering projects across the whole of the UK; working with Network Rail, London Underground as well as light rail and tram operating companies to enhance the national infrastructure.
As one of the UKs oldest railway contractors, with a history dating back over 80 years, we are passionate about the preservation and development of the railways. Our years of experience and continued company growth have earned us a reputation within the industry for high performance and innovation, and as a company focussed on timely and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for Senior Project Manager to join VolkerRail working within our Power department.
The key duties will include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the designated area or business sector is developed and managed with the appropriate operational, financial, commercial and project management business objectives.
- Produce a business plan that meets the targets set by the Divisional and Group business objectives.
- Maintain a profitable turnover that covers the operating and divisional overhead costs.
- Ensure that all financial information is available for the monthly and quarterly reporting cycle.
- Ensure there are sufficient staff resources available to meet the needs of the business plan and that they have the required competencies in liaison with the HR team. The forward work planning for the entire division must be maintained to a high level to ensure that maximum efficiency in the use of the labour is maintained.
- Develop an annual Training Plan with the Divisional HR Manager to suit the forward needs of the business and ensure that all professional, technical, commercial and HSQE competencies are meet in line with the divisional validation plan.
- Assist in the co-ordination of tender and pre-qualification processes.
- Management of personnel within the team including recruitment, staff development and discipline in line with the company procedures and with support advice from the HR Manager.
- In liaison with the Business Development Manager establish a portfolio of existing and potential clients and maintain good relationships, including attendance at monthly progress meetings.
- Establish and maintain communication channels with all staff under your control and brief on all issues.
- Establish a programme of managerial checks to ensure that contracts are being delivered in a safe and compliant manner.
An integral part of both the management and site teams you will be responsible for advising the Project Manager and the project team on the construction of all works with respect to budget, programme and quality. You will also be responsible for ensuring that construction work is installed to the approved design and is compliant with client and industry standards. You will also ensure that effective change controls are in place to capture alterations to the original project remit.
The candidate will also ideally have the following experience/skill set:
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Member of the Associated for Project Management or equivalent, holding or working towards chartered status or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in the Rail Industry Sector.
- Able to demonstrate effective evaluation and decision making skills.
- Confident communication skills, both in writing and in internal and external correspondence.
- A responsible attitude and high level of safety awareness.
Flexibility is essential for this role as there will be travel and weekend working.
VolkerRail Group offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that includes pension, and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience.
Committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.