Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape.
Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Construction Project Manager to support our significant Editions U.K. expansion plan. As a construction project manager you’ll lead the full project life cycle, and deliver multiple complex projects in London and select regional cities, ensuring the highest standards and deadlines are met. Success in this role will require the development of effective working relationships with senior leaders across commercial, operations, strategy & property teams in the wider Editions team.
What you’ll be doing
- You will manage the full construction project lifecycle of multiple new Editions sites from feasibility to handover
- You will be responsible for budget control, administration & management
- You will ensure external consultants, suppliers & contractors deliver on time, on budget & safely
- You will influence, maintain & enforce health & safety compliance
- You will carry out post project reviews to establish learnings and best practice
- You will effectively communicate with key stakeholders, through accurate and timely reporting
- You will be responsible for ensuring our compliance with all statutory legislation
- You will manage dependencies, resources and scheduling constraints, and any issues across multiple projects
The role requires excellent project management skills with a strong track-record of hitting and exceeding business targets/deadlines, we are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years project management experience
- Client side experience is advantageous
- A driven and flexible self starter who can prioritise a challenging workload
- Food & beverage and/or commercial catering experience is essential
- Is flexible and available for nationwide travel as required
- Has experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Has good technical understanding, particularly with HVAC systems & mains utilities infrastructure
- Has experience engaging with the property aspect of business
- Demonstrates a proven ability to deliver full turnkey projects from inception to handover
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.