Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK’s Public and Private sectors. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
We are looking for a Project Management Officer to design, implement and lead the support infrastructure to maximise the effective overall management of medium to large scale, complex and high value/medium risk programmes and portfolios of projects
- Participate in sales campaigns to demonstrate support office capability to clients
- Define the detailed scope and deliverables for the support office with both internal and external clients
- Establish support office budgets and gain acceptance for cost and where appropriate revenue and margin targets and lead assigned resources to these parameters.
- Produce accurate forecasts of future support office performance and report on variance against forecast
- Deliver services in accordance with agreed scope, acceptance criteria, time, financial and quality measures, handling contractual arrangements for the support office services to external clients
- Assemble and update project or service plans, advancing deviations from published plans.
- Compile project/service risk and issue registers and ensure robust management and mitigation of risk levels
- Compile delivery governance reports and project/programme reports.
- Ensures that delivery methods and tools are used in a manner consistent with the project environment
- Provide management services to support project/service delivery. This may include, but is not limited to compilation of budget and forecast figures; capability planning; milestone/delivery planning
- Ensure effective client engagement and partner management for project/service delivery.
- Complete assignment reviews at agreed periods or points in the project life cycle.
- Promote Sopra Steria services in client situations and develop relationships that are transferrable into sales opportunities
- Team leadership capability in an IT services background
- Business Support, PMO Experience
- Office 365 Tool set including Sharepoint, Teams and Excel
It would be great if you had:
- P3O Practitioner, or AIPMO, or House of PMO
- SAFE, Execview, ProjectView and iQ
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Full time permanent
Location London, home based
Security Clearance Level Eligible for SC
Internal Recruiter Rebecca
Salary Up to £42,000 per annum
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.