A large NHS organisation is looking to appoint an experienced NHS Capital Projects professional, will need to hold significant knowledge of clinical pathway design, and all aspects of healthcare design, particularly mental health design.
- Lead on strategic planning by supporting the development of business cases for the scheme;
- Lead on healthcare specific planning ensuring that the facilities reflects the principle of multi-functional shared spaces and that spaces are fully utilised;
- Design Development – ensuring that designs and layouts reflect clinical requirements, and that clinical leads understand the proposals;
- Ensure that the procurement of contractors and consultants is carried out effectively and in line with Trust STI’s and procurement policies;
- Ensure from a construction perspective that the project is delivered safely, to the appropriate quality, on time and to budget;
- Responsible for accepting the project upon completion, including ensuring that all the completion of all technical commissioning and the provision of all required manuals;
- Ensure the relocation of services to new accommodation with minimal disruption to live patient environments;
- Ability to read technical drawings and translate information to a non-expert group;
- Able to demonstrate good knowledge of all aspects of estates and facilities management;
- Hold and convey to other parties, detailed knowledge of statutory requirements in relation to estates and facilities.
A successful candidate will have:
- Degree in architecture, surveying or other construction and design related subject;
- Experience of delivering large scale complex projects;
- Detailed knowledge of HTM/HBN requirements in relation to design;
- Experience of working with clinical service leads, and operational managers to achieve a fit for purpose space solution.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org