Here at Worcestershire County Council, we’re truly committed to building a successful and growing local economy, protecting our environment, improving outcomes for our children, young people and families, and helping ensure our residents are healthier, live longer and have a better quality of life. This means constantly evolving how we operate, innovate and succeed as an organisation. And this is where you come in.
We’re looking for an experienced, positive and committed Programme Portfolio Lead to work closely with Chief Officers and Directorate and Strategic Leadership teams to develop, shape and deliver their change programme aligned to corporate and strategic priorities and the medium-term financial plan.
We’ll look to you to develop and manage project and programme portfolios – ensuring appropriate dependency management and governance arrangements are in place. You’ll also work across the Council and with partners, sponsors and business leads to take the reins of a wide variety of change projects.
People-wise, a major part of the role will involve leading and supervising the work of project managers and project teams comprising senior managers, operational staff, agencies and advisors, and support the staff.
You’ll need substantial experience of:
- working successfully to deliver programme and project outcomes with senior stakeholders
- developing and managing large project, programme and change management activity within a complex organisation
- leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver outstanding business outcomes.
In addition, we’re looking for:
- A recognised programme and/or project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, Lean 6 Sigma or MSP
- The ability to shape, lead and motivate teams driven by performance
- The skills necessary to implement flexible and imaginative approaches to service development
- Expert analytical skills and very sound judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle environments and groups with competing priorities.
In return, you can look forward to:
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- 35-hour working week, with flexible working, including remote working opportunities
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and training.
If you want to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Pauline Harris, Head of Programmes, Worcestershire County Council at email@example.com.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached. Please consider the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification when applying. You should include examples of why you should be considered; and the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to PHarris4@worcestershire.gov.uk