Established in 1866, the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) is the world’s only professional body dedicated to the entire aerospace community.
We are currently looking to recruit a Digital Project Manager to lead the development and programme management of IT and digital capabilities within the Society and contributing to the Society’s digital transformation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Knowledge and Networks, you will be responsible for ensuring support and service partners provide staff with the required technical and operational support to undertake their duties
Please visit our website for more information www.aerosociety.com
- Manage a portfolio of projects, establish project teams and co-ordinate staff engaged in project work, providing leadership to deliver successful outcomes
- Manage resources carefully to deliver programmes to achieve Society objectives
- Lead and coordinate IT project board and meetings
- Review, scope and plan RAeS requirements to develop project briefs for suppliers
- Liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders and provide updates on project status on monthly basis
- Demonstrate effective use and management of the Society CRM database system including workflows and automation in line with GDPR best practice
- Support Teams in analysing CRM data and business processes to help meet strategic objectives, the needs of each department and facilitating efficient and productive processes and reporting.
- Working with support partners, coordinate and provide training to staff on the CRM system and processes, including inductions and refresher training programmes.
- Demonstrate effective use and management of the website and CMS in line with GDPR best practice
- Working with departments, ensure that the website is meeting needs of users and staff and that guidelines are followed for updating/creating webpages
- Working with support partners, coordinate and provide training to staff on the Umbraco system including inductions and refresher training programmes.
- Act as primary point of contact for IT software and support partners, including infrastructure, cyber security, CRM database and website, and responsible for escalating issues when necessary
- Must be educated to degree level with evidence of PM qualifications
- Ability to apply PM disciplines in a flexible manner
- High level of analysis, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of a range of PM techniques and tools
- Experience of managing, mitigating, reviewing project risks and issues
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Experience of leading and motivating project teams
- Experience of supplier management and/or relationship management
- Positive, energetic and proactive approach to tasks
- Highly effective and engaging written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Calm under pressure and able to hit necessary deadlines
- Uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct in all professional dealings
A Job Description is available upon request.
At the present time, due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely from home. This may change in the future and is dependent on the current climate.
In return for your commitment, we guarantee your development within the role and offer an attractive salary, life assurance, pension, and healthcare scheme.
We value equality and diversity and positively encourage applications from everyone.
As part of our recruitment process, the RAeS collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The RAeS is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. All applications will be deleted or destroyed one month after the recruitment process has ended. Should you wish further clarification, please obtain a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Please note that if you are not contacted to attend an interview, then you have been unsuccessful and we wish you all the best for your future.