QinetiQ are at the heart of delivering a new and exciting ways of working for the MOD. As Project Manager, you will be expected to lead a number of complex Infrastructure based projects ranging from £3-£5million to provide next generation capabilities. The successful applicant will be expected to maintain the pace of delivery in an Agile environment, ensuring appropriate governance is maintained. In addition, you will be expected to lead on the continuous improvement of the function in conjunction with the other functions.
• Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
• Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
• Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
• Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
• Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
• Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
• Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
The successful applicant will be able an experienced Project Manager, able to demonstrate a track-record of delivering IT Infrastructure or Software based projects. You will have experience across all stages of the project lifecycle from project initiation through to delivery, able to manage resourcing requirements, budgets to agreed levels and oversee less experienced Project Managers.
You will have strong interpersonal skills, able to build long standing & trusted relationships with our clients whilst being able to react to the ever-changing demands on projects.
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity with a market leading organisation, contact us today.
(Due to the nature of the work we undertake, candidates must be eligible for high level security clearance.)
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.