QinetiQ are at the heart of delivering a new and exciting ways of working. We are looking for a Project Manager to join the team and help deliver a number of high value, complex projects to our various customers. Our projects attract engineers and scientists from across QinetiQ to deliver trials, consultancy, advice and research.
What do I need?
Experience in some of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential;
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function
- Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.
- Hold a recognised PM qualification
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B
- Experience in Defence, Aerospace or other closely related sectors
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of a number of projects. You will be expected to develop and grow customer relationships and successfully contribute to the overall strategy and business targets.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of high value (>£5 Million p.a.) complex projects
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales)
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.