CJ Founds Associates is a small independent consultancy providing Professional and Technical Advisory Services to Public Sector, Central Government and Private Sector Clients. We are both innovators and thought leaders within Digital Infrastructure and Highways & Transportation sectors and deliver market leading programmes and projects. Established in 2016 to provide expert support guidance and advice, we have continued to grow steadily and sustainably, forming a strong portfolio of collaborative client relationships and successful projects delivered.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Controls Officer who can support and lead on daily PM activities. The main duties involve providing support to the PMO including Programme Managers, Project Managers and Technical Advisors. The ideal candidate should possess a mix of technical and communication skills, as this role involves managing PM diaries, coordinating and collaborating with multiple external clients and contractors for meetings, workshops and site visits. In a growing business we have a very busy workload, so we are looking for someone with great organisational and prioritisation skills, as well as being self-motivated and driven by success. We have big ambitions for the future, so we are looking for someone who is ready to be part of our journey and meet the challenges of the role, enabling us to secure sustainable growth.
- Experience within a PMO or project driven environment
- Keen attention to detail
- A proven experienced administrator, with efficiencies in minute taking and diary management.
- Excellent understanding of project governance, with the ability to support Programme and Project Managers establish and maintain governance structure throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Previous exposure to risk and issue management.
- Ability and experience of supporting with written proposals, reports, presentations, and other project critical documentation in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and contractors both face to face and via emails and online calls.
- Knowledge of digital platforms such as LinkedIn, twitter etc. to assist in promoting project and business achievements.
- Willing to travel to client sites and offices as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous project support experience, preferably with a supporting Prince2 or APM foundation qualification
- Sound business acumen and understanding of project support functions
- Strong planning and coordination skills to support with project delivery
- Excellent presentation skills in both written and verbal context with strong attention to detail
- Strong digital and IT ability including MS word, excel and MS project would be an advantage
- Highly motivated, great organisational skills, success driven and excellent collaborator
- Ability to work independently but also as an integral part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Ability to respond to changing project environments, whilst maintaining strong governance and project controls
- Willing and able to learn, understand and apply new technologies as they develop
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonuses
- Working from home, with site/client visits when the project need arises
- Flexible approach to working
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Lieu days
- ‘Together Days’
- Career progression, with personal development funded training
- Company pension plan
- As a business we are currently looking at healthcare plans and other employee benefits we hope to implement in the near future
Closing Date for applications is Friday 15th October 2021.