CJ Founds Associates is a small independent and fast-growing consultancy providing Professional and Technical Advisory Services to Local Authorities, Devolved Administrations and Private Sector Clients. We are both innovators and thought leaders across Digital Infrastructure and Highways & Transportation sectors and deliver market leading programmes and projects. Established in 2016 to provide expert support, guidance, and advice, we have continued to grow steadily and sustainably, forming a strong portfolio of collaborative client relationships and successful projects delivered.
About the role
We are looking for a highly talented, experienced and self-motivated Project Manager with extensive experience in delivering multi-million pound fast moving projects ideally in infrastructure delivery, ideally highways & transportation, or digital fibre implementation. Working as part of a high performing team and directly with our clients, you will become a trusted advisor to our clients. You will join a growing business, that has strong client relationships and an expanding order book – this is an exciting time for our business.
We are looking for someone who is creative and dedicated, to fit with our collaborative hard-working culture and ethos. The role fits someone who has a flexible approach to working across the UK, someone who is a high achiever, an innovator and can both lead and deliver on projects, contract and programme management. Most of our projects are delivered across multi-disciplinary teams, within politically and financially challenged environments – so experience of public and private sector delivery would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of complex projects, ensuring client satisfaction and project deliverables are always met
- Proven experience of project delivery on multiple projects from initiation and planning, through to execution and closure.
- Excellent governance and assurance skills and experience, managing risk in an effective responsive way and working with clients, subcontractors and partners to mitigate impact to time, cost and quality.
- Can provide innovative advice and delivery solutions for our clients, using a full range of skills, appropriate tools, and drawing on experience and knowledge whilst maintaining governance in challenging environments
- Confident negotiator, with experience of conflict and change management.
- Ability and experience of delivering written proposals, reports, presentations, and other project critical documentation in a timely manner, with the supporting ability to present to a variety of audiences including stakeholders, team members, SROs and executives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships internally, with clients and subcontractors, as well as developing further relationships in our professional network.
- Be a confident speaker and presenter, with the ability to address all levels of stakeholders and contractors.
- Ensures excellence in delivery and engagement in what can sometimes be a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Actively seeks and supports new business opportunities and strengthening Client relationships to support the business’s future steps.
- Willing to travel to client sites and offices, to work and integrate as part of their teams.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Relevant Project Management professional accreditation and/or qualifications i.e. APM or Prince 2
- Proven extensive Project Management and Contract Management experience, at least 10 years preferrable
- Self-motivated and excellent communicator, with high standard of ethics and strong guiding principles
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Has a strong attention to detail, with the ability to motivate and lead others to also achieve high quality
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to negotiate complex delivery issues
- Strong collaborator and able to build trust with colleagues and client teams
- Ability to respond to changing project environments, whilst maintaining strong governance and project controls
- Digital and software literate, including establishing systems and process, and lean methodologies
- Willing and able to learn, understand and apply new technologies as they develop
- Ability to actively identify, negotiate and secure new business opportunities
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonuses
- Working from home, with site/client visits when the project need arises
- Flexible approach to working
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Lieu days
- ‘Together Days’
- Career progression, with personal development funded training
- Company pension plan
- As a business we are currently looking at healthcare plans and other employee benefits we hope to implement in the near future
Closing Date for applications is Friday 15th October 2021.