Are you an experienced Application Support professional looking for a new challenge within an innovative organisation that is transforming the way ICT services are delivered to over 20,000 users?
ICT at Imperial College recently restructured into Product Teams, based on sets of business processes with end-to-end lifecycle ownership for products and services delivered to the College.
The main purpose of this Product Engineer (App Support) role is to perform delivery lifecycle product engineering and ongoing support for a diverse portfolio of critical applications and services across the campus, as well as working with stakeholders to understand the requirements of ICT customers, providing advice to find appropriate solutions, and designing and developing new products or enhancing products, and providing operational support with respect to incidents.
Duties and responsibilities
As Product Engineer, you will provide sound technical knowledge and thought advice, working alongside senior colleagues and the Product Owner to identify product enhancements to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity facilitating collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
The successful candidate will have validated experience working with Microsoft SQL in an App Support capability, or further experience working in a system administrator role with experience performing server, client and cloud application configuration, system upgrades and maintenance, preparing test plans, system testing and coordinating user acceptance testing.
You will also get the opportunity to coach more junior colleagues sharing their experience and accumulated knowledge to help them develop, and this could evolve into the opportunity of line management.
- Experience providing operational support to defined performance standards.
- Substantial experience of translating customer IT needs into defined project and benefits especially related to research and teaching.
- Substantial experience in using MS and Oracle SQL to support applications.
- Experience of testing and creating test scripts (Sanity checking, regression, UAT etc)
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Competent configuration of low-code tools for creating complex workflows and implementing automated processes
Desirable knowledge includes:
- Knowledge of a broad range of current and evolving IT technologies, architecture and delivery models.
- Knowledge of IT Architecture, hardware and software.
- Planning and management of the full testing lifecycle through to release.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
As an employer of choice, Imperial College London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Salary of £49,482 - £59,582 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave plus College closure over Christmas and Easter plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive pension package
This post is full-time and open ended, and you will be based at the South Kensington campus with flexible working.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th October
Please note interviews will be held virtually via MS Teams on Friday 22nd October
Hays Technology have been appointed to exclusively support Imperial College London with the recruitment of this role. For all enquiries, please contact Joel