We currently have multiple opportunities for Project Controllers and Planners to join our business. With new and exciting projects on the horizon we are looking for Project Controller and Planners to join our team in Product and Training Services (P&TS) at our sites in Portsmouth - Broad Oak, Cowes or Great Baddow with Flexible working options available.
You will be joining Maritime Services P&TS group, responsible for the delivery and support for Effectors (Torpedoes), Sensors (Radars) and Training Services internationally. This role will provide you with the opportunity to learn, develop and progress through a clear career path in a dedicated Project Control and Planning team.
BAE System's Plc is a multinational defence, aerospace and security company. As the largest defence contractor in Europe and among the world's largest defence companies, we are at the forefront of innovative technology and development in more than 40 countries. If you have the experience or core skills and ambition to develop in this area of expertise, apply today.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Controller/Planner will involve:
We are looking for Project Controllers / Planners to join our PMO organisation and work within a wider team of Project Controllers / Planners and Senior Project Controller / Planners to create and maintain project schedules, ensuring they adhere to our internal planning processes.
You will track the delivery of project milestones and work with our Work Package Managers and Project teams to analyse resource and costs. They will be reviewing demand and resources to ensure adequate allocation and will be comfortable in providing challenge when required.
Other duties include:
- Working alongside the Project Manger to develop robust and accurate project plans. These will detail associated costs and work required to meet milestones and project objectives
- Collect, compare and evaluate project data to allow the thorough review of project performance
- Accountable for precise and timely reports each month in line with the reporting cycle, plus ad hoc reporting as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and wider team to analyse project performance against the critical path, proactively highlighting potential problems and solutions as early as possible
- Attend project performance reviews in support of the Project Manager, preparing data and reports as required
- Work across functions to resolve queries, mitigate issues and ensure the project data is of the highest quality and confidence
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience of Project Planning in SAP, Microsoft Project (MSP), or appropriate cost / schedule toolset
- Analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient using Microsoft Office tools, with strong Excel skills
- Strong organisational and numerical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with various teams at varying levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing
- A confident, self-starter who has the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Earned Value Management experience desirable but not essential
Location: Portsmouth - Broad Oak, Cowes or Great Baddow with Flexible working options available.
Salary: Up to £44,000 per annum
Join us and help to define the future of global maritime defence capabilities. With approximately 3,500 employees based at five UK locations and revenue of £600million, we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around and offer significant opportunities. Our people are encouraged to be as creative as they can be and are always looking at ways to develop and challenge the way we do things, identifying and prioritising continuous improvement activities across the business
From our headquarters in Portsmouth, we are proud to support the Royal Navy in global operations. BAE Systems Maritime Services delivers end-to-end support to over 50 per cent of the Royal Navy's surface fleet. Our services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training.
With our international programmes and core support to the Ministry of Defence, you could find yourself working on the iconic Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers, Type 45 Destroyers, Type 23 Frigates, Type 26 Global Combat Ships, Hunt Class Mine Countermeasure Vessels, Offshore Patrol Vessels, historic ships and more. Currently undergoing a major upgrade programme, Spearfish will soon benefit from further sophisticated advances in its homing, warheads, tactical and fuelling systems, as well an upgraded guidance link. Then there's Artisan, the 3D radar that can identify a target the size of a tennis ball, travelling at a speed of more than 2000 miles an hour more than 25 kilometres away! Join us and the projects you'll be involved in will form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come. You'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.