Project Manager (Steel Construction)
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join their fast-growing structural engineering company, specialising in steel mezzanine flooring, to work within the projects team as a Project Manager reporting to the Contracts and Procurement Director. The main purpose of the role will be to manage the successful delivery of Projects undertaken by the Business, including planning and programming, risk management, health and safety compliance, pre-qualification and engagement of sub-contractors, quality, and commercial results.
To be considered for this role you will have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar role within construction, hold a CSCS black card and be SMSTS qualified. You will have strong IT skills, with knowledge of MS Project and be proficient in Health and Safety Risk Assessments.
- Pre-Construction: Organise start up meetings, weekly progress meetings throughout the Design stage involving all interested parties.
- Health & Safety: Set up, agree and communicate RAMS and method statements for the works. Oversee the on-site compliance with these requirements and undertake investigations as required.
- Planning: Produce and agree Project programmes with the Customer ensuring that all teams are aware of their obligations for the phasing and sequencing of the works. Measured through practical completion on time.
- Surveying: Undertake comprehensive surveys on Projects to determine sequencing and phasing of build, considering all aspects of the project.
- Construction Phase: Manage timely execution of the build including short term programmes, Customer meetings, progress on site, problem resolution and overall project management.
- Agree timely and accurate valuations, work in progress, sub-contract applications and cost to complete reporting to agreed standards.
- Agree all variations, early warning notices and compensation events, raise non-conformity reports and final account statements to agreed standards.
- Maintain overall auditable site records to required standards.
- Provide timely and accurate CVR reports.
In return you will be a part of a global enterprise who pride themselves on prioritising the development and advancement of their employees. Along with a competitive salary, you can expect a generous bonus scheme, company car, company contributory pension scheme, paid holiday allowance including additional holiday for the Christmas period, a substantial reward and recognition scheme and the opportunity to be exposed to working within a global work environment.
Our client is the first global mezzanine supplier, specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated, future-proofed mezzanine flooring solutions for major logistics and manufacturing centres in the UK and across Europe.