YellowRoc is an Award Winning multidisciplinary construction company based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire specialising in themed entertainment construction and commercial solutions worldwide and serving Harrogate, Leeds, York and the surrounding area in residential construction and maintenance services.
At YellowRoc an exciting opportunities have arisen for a Project Manager and Estimator's to join our project management and sales team. We are looking for Ambitious, Hard working, honest and trustworthy individuals to join our growing team based in Harrogate. If you believe you can make a difference then we would like to hear from you.
These are newly created vacancies and the key objectives of the roles will be to lead the cost estimating activities within the Project to improve the price competitiveness on tenders / bids and to aid forecasting of costs to completion when projects are in the execution phase to increase the reliability of estimates with the aim of improving financial performance of the YellowRoc.
Develop, implement and maintain an estimating process which integrates with the bids / tendering process to minimise turnaround time in responding to customer requirements and improve the reliability of cost estimates included within bid proposals to improve the price competitiveness and financial performance of our Projects.
- Conduct analysis of company data to understand the cost of production and establish and develop production norms in hours and cost for completing key engineering and production tasks.
- Identify labour, material, costs and time requirements by reviewing enquiry documentation and researching proposals to prepare detailed cost estimates and Bills of Materials.
- Review commercial & technical risks to derive optimal solutions.
- Prepare detailed cost estimate reports including variance analysis to understand the reasons why actual costs differed from estimated costs and use this information to drive continuous improvement within the Group across numerous departments.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with key internal stakeholders including senior management, procurement, the bids team and the delivery function inclusive of project managers and engineers and project cost control.
Requirements for the applicant: -
- Strong estimating background with experience in a construction, engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles. A qualification in Project Management such as APM or similar would be advantageous but not essential.
- A certification qualification in estimating such as CPE would be advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrate excellent numerical and mathematical skills in order to calculate costs.
- Highly competent user in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint).
- A highly motivated and confident individual with a strong desire to succeed.
If you believe you could make a difference, then we would like to hear from you!